running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi VCS 1.1.1 VxVM 3.0.4 we have two boxes oracle1 & oracle2. A new LUN was created in RaidModule (A1000) that was attached to the oracle1box. I could see that LUN from RM6.11 GUI but from "oracle2" rm6 GUI, the ...

  1. running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent

    Hi
    VCS 1.1.1 VxVM 3.0.4
    we have two boxes oracle1 & oracle2. A new LUN was created in RaidModule
    (A1000) that was attached to the oracle1box. I could see that LUN from RM6.11
    GUI but from "oracle2" rm6 GUI, the drive and the controller information
    is missing...

    will running drvconfig, devlinks and disks affect VCS and VxVM anyways? we
    have added a new LUN to the Raid Manager & SUN suggests getting confirmation
    from veritas before running this ...

    Thanks
    Kasthuri

  2. Re: running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent

    I use to run it all the time with VCS VxVM HA for Oracle with no problems.

    kasthuri wrote:
    > Hi
    > VCS 1.1.1 VxVM 3.0.4
    > we have two boxes oracle1 & oracle2. A new LUN was created in RaidModule
    > (A1000) that was attached to the oracle1box. I could see that LUN from RM6.11
    > GUI but from "oracle2" rm6 GUI, the drive and the controller information
    > is missing...
    >
    > will running drvconfig, devlinks and disks affect VCS and VxVM anyways? we
    > have added a new LUN to the Raid Manager & SUN suggests getting confirmation
    > from veritas before running this ...
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kasthuri

  3. Re: running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent

    what about your /kernel/drv/sd.conf ?
    Are all the LUN declared ?

    Regards
    Herve
    "kasthuri " wrote:

    >Hi
    >VCS 1.1.1 VxVM 3.0.4
    >we have two boxes oracle1 & oracle2. A new LUN was created in RaidModule
    >(A1000) that was attached to the oracle1box. I could see that LUN from RM6.11
    >GUI but from "oracle2" rm6 GUI, the drive and the controller information
    >is missing...
    >
    >will running drvconfig, devlinks and disks affect VCS and VxVM anyways?

    we
    >have added a new LUN to the Raid Manager & SUN suggests getting confirmation
    >from veritas before running this ...
    >
    >Thanks
    >Kasthuri

  4. Re: running drvconfig devlinks and disks - urgent

    Yes.. All luns are declared in sd.conf
    Regards
    Kasthuri
    "Herve" wrote:

    >what about your /kernel/drv/sd.conf ?
    >Are all the LUN declared ?
    >
    >Regards
    >Herve
    >"kasthuri " wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi
    >>VCS 1.1.1 VxVM 3.0.4
    >>we have two boxes oracle1 & oracle2. A new LUN was created in RaidModule
    >>(A1000) that was attached to the oracle1box. I could see that LUN from

    RM6.11
    >>GUI but from "oracle2" rm6 GUI, the drive and the controller information
    >>is missing...
    >>
    >>will running drvconfig, devlinks and disks affect VCS and VxVM anyways?

    >we
    >>have added a new LUN to the Raid Manager & SUN suggests getting confirmation
    >>from veritas before running this ...
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Kasthuri

+ Reply to Thread