Tunneling hagui through ssh? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Tunneling hagui through ssh? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I have Cluster Server Manager installed at my home pc (windows xp) and want to connect to a solaris cluster at work. Tunneling a local port to one of the cluster nodes port 14141 (i.e. ssh -L 14141:node1:14141 ;-) ...

  1. Tunneling hagui through ssh?

    Hi,

    I have Cluster Server Manager installed at my home pc (windows xp) and want
    to connect to a solaris cluster at work.
    Tunneling a local port to one of the cluster nodes port 14141 (i.e. ssh -L
    14141:node1:14141 ;-) does not seem to be enough.
    My connection to 127.0.0.1:14141 always times out.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,
    Andreas

  2. Re: Tunneling hagui through ssh?

    Many times the sshd.conf file has port forwarding disabled. Try to forward
    port 25 mail to local 14141 which would prove the sshd config, as well as
    availability of 14141 locally.

    If the local node has VCS running, localport 14141 is already taken and the
    port forward will fail. Throw a -v option on ssh to see if the forward is
    being setup correctly.

    "Andreas Flick" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have Cluster Server Manager installed at my home pc (windows xp) and want
    >to connect to a solaris cluster at work.
    >Tunneling a local port to one of the cluster nodes port 14141 (i.e. ssh

    -L
    >14141:node1:14141 ;-) does not seem to be enough.
    >My connection to 127.0.0.1:14141 always times out.
    >
    >What am I missing?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Andreas

+ Reply to Thread