VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5? - Veritas Cluster Server ; I can't seem to find out whether version 3.5 came out directly after 2.0? We have to upgrade 2.0 to 3.5 and I need to assess the risks, i.e. the changes from 2.0 to 3.5. I get the feeling that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?

  1. VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?


    I can't seem to find out whether version 3.5 came out directly after 2.0?

    We have to upgrade 2.0 to 3.5 and I need to assess the risks, i.e. the changes
    from 2.0 to 3.5. I get the feeling that it's not a major upgrade and that
    the version number leap was mainly to bring the VCS version number in line
    with VxFS and VxVM?

  2. Re: VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?


    I've upgraded 2 clusters from 2.0 ---> 3.5. I first upgraded VM to 3.5 then
    VCS. Not much has changed since 2.0. The changes that affected me were:
    WebGui ---> Totally new way to configure
    Mount Resources --> Now require an FsckOpt Attribute
    Hanotifier --> So far I cannot get this to work in 3.5. I have a case open
    with Veritas and they cant seem to find the answer. Both clusters I upgraded
    had the same effect. So if this is crusial to you, upgrade at your own risk.


    Everything else seems to work just fine...

    LP>






    "Philip Kime" wrote:
    >
    >I can't seem to find out whether version 3.5 came out directly after 2.0?
    >
    >We have to upgrade 2.0 to 3.5 and I need to assess the risks, i.e. the changes
    >from 2.0 to 3.5. I get the feeling that it's not a major upgrade and that
    >the version number leap was mainly to bring the VCS version number in line
    >with VxFS and VxVM?



  3. Re: VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?


    Presumably, there was no version between 2.0 and 3.5?

    "LP" wrote:
    >
    >I've upgraded 2 clusters from 2.0 ---> 3.5. I first upgraded VM to 3.5

    then
    >VCS. Not much has changed since 2.0. The changes that affected me were:
    >WebGui ---> Totally new way to configure
    >Mount Resources --> Now require an FsckOpt Attribute
    >Hanotifier --> So far I cannot get this to work in 3.5. I have a case open
    >with Veritas and they cant seem to find the answer. Both clusters I upgraded
    >had the same effect. So if this is crusial to you, upgrade at your own

    risk.
    >
    >
    >Everything else seems to work just fine...
    >
    >LP>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >"Philip Kime" wrote:
    >>
    >>I can't seem to find out whether version 3.5 came out directly after 2.0?
    >>
    >>We have to upgrade 2.0 to 3.5 and I need to assess the risks, i.e. the

    changes
    >>from 2.0 to 3.5. I get the feeling that it's not a major upgrade and that
    >>the version number leap was mainly to bring the VCS version number in line
    >>with VxFS and VxVM?

    >



  4. Re: VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?


    "Philip Kime" wrote:
    >
    >Presumably, there was no version between 2.0 and 3.5?
    >

    Just patches between 2.0 and 3.5.

  5. Re: VCS versions - 2.0 -> 3.5?


    Always check the release notes to find changes between releases:

    VCS 3.5 Release Notes
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249734.htm

    Veritas elected to unify version numbers among products. Given that the
    previous revision of vxfs was 3.4, The "release train" was designated as
    version 3.5.

    There is a issue with Notifier in 3.5 in that you cannot specify SmtpServer
    to be "localhost". This issue did not exist in 2.0. So long as you set
    the SmtpServer to some other value, it works as advertised. Look for the
    first VCS 3.5 patch within 60 days which corrects the problem.

    As of 11/16/2002:
    Version Latest Patch
    ========= ============
    VCS 1.3.0 Patch04
    VCS 2.0 Patch04
    VCS 3.5 none, but Patch01 forthcoming

    -Bryan.

    "matthew andler" wrote:
    >
    >"Philip Kime" wrote:
    >>
    >>Presumably, there was no version between 2.0 and 3.5?
    >>

    >Just patches between 2.0 and 3.5.



+ Reply to Thread