VCS error 10162 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS error 10162 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I am evaluating VCS 2.0 for Solaris. I have setup SG and when attempting to switch the SG to another node I receive the following errors: VCS: 10162: Group xyz has not been fully probed on systemB. I have probed ...

  1. VCS error 10162

    I am evaluating VCS 2.0 for Solaris. I have setup SG and when attempting to
    switch the SG to another node I receive the following errors:

    VCS: 10162: Group xyz has not been fully probed on systemB.

    I have probed individual resources to no avail. Any help could be appreciated.

    Regards,

    Mohamed Osman

  2. Re: VCS error 10162

    See the attributes of all the resources the probed one should have attribude
    Probed set to 1

    I think you are missing some resource and is yet to bt probed.

    Simer

    "Mohamed Osman" wrote:

    >I am evaluating VCS 2.0 for Solaris. I have setup SG and when attempting

    >switch the SG to another node I receive the following errors:
    >
    >VCS: 10162: Group xyz has not been fully probed on systemB.
    >
    >I have probed individual resources to no avail. Any help could be appreciated.
    >

    >Regards,
    >
    >Mohamed Osman

  3. Re: VCS error 10162

    All nodes in the SystemList must be probed, or failover is autodisabled.
    Check to see whats missing:

    hares -display -group mygroup -attribute Probed
    hares -display -group mygroup -attribute Probed | grep 0$

    hagrp -display -group mygroup -attribute AutoDisabled
    hagrp -display -group mygroup -attribute AutoDisabled | grep 1$

    Example: you have 3 nodes in the SystemList cluster A, B, and C. The group
    is running on A and you want to switch to C. If box B is autodisabled, failover/switching
    cannot occur until box B is probed, or is completely powered off.

    Autodisabled most often occurs because "Port a" membership is visible, but
    "Port h" is not (VCS isn't running). You should start VCS on the node, or
    power it down.

    See pp.306 of VCS 2.0 Users Guide for more information on AutoDisable flag
    and an alternate method to manually clear *acknowledging the caution*.

    -Bryan.

    "Simer" wrote:

    >See the attributes of all the resources the probed one should have attribude
    >Probed set to 1
    >
    >I think you are missing some resource and is yet to bt probed.
    >

    >Simer
    >
    >"Mohamed Osman" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am evaluating VCS 2.0 for Solaris. I have setup SG and when attempting

    >>switch the SG to another node I receive the following errors:
    >>
    >>VCS: 10162: Group xyz has not been fully probed on systemB.
    >>
    >>I have probed individual resources to no avail. Any help could be appreciated.
    >>

    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Mohamed Osman

+ Reply to Thread