RestartLimit won't work - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on RestartLimit won't work - Veritas Cluster Server ; I'm using the Application bundle agent for VCS 2.0. However, it seems the "RestartLimit" attribute only works if I define it on the resource-type level (i.e. define it on the types.cf). If I define it on resource level (i.e. within ...

  1. RestartLimit won't work

    I'm using the Application bundle agent for VCS 2.0.
    However, it seems the "RestartLimit" attribute only
    works if I define it on the resource-type level (i.e.
    define it on the types.cf). If I define it on resource
    level (i.e. within main.cf), it won't work.

    Anything I did wrong? Please beware we did implement
    Clean entry already.

    Regards,

    Chen

  2. Re: RestartLimit won't work

    is there such a setting for each individual resource??? within a resource
    type??
    your oher workaround is to implement a script agent, by doing so, you can
    set the restartlimit for your own customized agent under resource-type
    level??
    i guess you want to drill down to specific resource eg you have 2 different
    apps using the application agent???
    "Chen" wrote in message news:3db56188$1@hronntp01....

    > I'm using the Application bundle agent for VCS 2.0.
    > However, it seems the "RestartLimit" attribute only
    > works if I define it on the resource-type level (i.e.
    > define it on the types.cf). If I define it on resource
    > level (i.e. within main.cf), it won't work.
    >
    > Anything I did wrong? Please beware we did implement
    > Clean entry already.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chen

+ Reply to Thread