VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely offline in cluster - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely offline in cluster - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi gurus, I have one Oracle database service group running on two nodes. I offline the service group in the primary server and freeze it persistently. Then I did "init 6" to reboot the server. After the server was up, ...

  1. VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely offline in cluster

    Hi gurus,

    I have one Oracle database service group running on two nodes.
    I offline the service group in the primary server and freeze it persistently.

    Then I did "init 6" to reboot the server.
    After the server was up, I unfreezed the sevice group and wanted to online
    the service group in the primary server again.
    But I got a error that said "VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely
    offline in cluster".
    I checked the resources' IState and found that all of them were in "not waiting"
    state.
    I tried "hagrp -clear" and "hagrp -flush". No help.
    Want to know what is the reason behind this and how to resolve it.

    Thanks a lot!

    David

  2. Re: VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely offline in cluster

    Why it happens do not know.

    Solution!

    If you are absolutely sure that all resources are offline give these commands.

    hares -online (resourse name) ---- any one resource.
    hagrp -g (group) -online -sys (sysname)

    This works.

    Simer

    "David Chan" wrote:

    >Hi gurus,
    >
    >I have one Oracle database service group running on two nodes.
    >I offline the service group in the primary server and freeze it persistently.
    >
    >Then I did "init 6" to reboot the server.
    >After the server was up, I unfreezed the sevice group and wanted to online
    >the service group in the primary server again.
    >But I got a error that said "VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely
    >offline in cluster".
    >I checked the resources' IState and found that all of them were in "not

    waiting"
    >state.
    >I tried "hagrp -clear" and "hagrp -flush". No help.
    >Want to know what is the reason behind this and how to resolve it.
    >
    >Thanks a lot!
    >
    >David

  3. Re: VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not completely offline in cluster

    it is most probably as the engine log stated that some agent is still trying
    to offline on either primary or secondary server...
    check via #ps -ef | grep offline on either server if you can replicate the
    error
    most probably something is still running offline which is stuck and could
    not exit properly by a ?? mis-configured resource, waiting for the offine
    timeout to occur

    best if possible is to reboot both node, check and make sure that each
    resource can be started on both node and of course offline

    sometimes a miscoufigured resources can cause this or if during the frozen
    period a re-configuration was done...
    "David Chan" wrote in message

    > Hi gurus,
    >
    > I have one Oracle database service group running on two nodes.
    > I offline the service group in the primary server and freeze it

    persistently.

    > Then I did "init 6" to reboot the server.
    > After the server was up, I unfreezed the sevice group and wanted to online
    > the service group in the primary server again.
    > But I got a error that said "VCS:10165:Failover group XYZ_GRP is not

    completely
    > offline in cluster".
    > I checked the resources' IState and found that all of them were in "not

    waiting"
    > state.
    > I tried "hagrp -clear" and "hagrp -flush". No help.
    > Want to know what is the reason behind this and how to resolve it.
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    >
    > David

+ Reply to Thread