Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment - Veritas Cluster Server ; I am trying to configure SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment and I can not get SAP to start up following failover to the second host. The R/3 database is Oracle 8.1.7. The system failsover OK and the sapdg ...

  1. Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment

    I am trying to configure SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment and I can not get
    SAP to start up following failover to the second host. The R/3 database is
    Oracle 8.1.7. The system failsover OK and the sapdg disk group mounts OK
    on the second host. Can anybody help me or is there any reference material
    I can read. I have tried SAP's OSS system but to no avail.

  2. Re: Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment

    hi,
    Sap use hostname in its parameter file name.
    So, when sap failover to another node, you must copy the file on the
    original node to the new node and rename it.
    I once impplemented a SAP system failover on IBM hacmp env, i think it
    is the same.
    Good luck.

    "Steve Campbell" wrote in message

    > I am trying to configure SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment and I can not

    get
    > SAP to start up following failover to the second host. The R/3 database is
    > Oracle 8.1.7. The system failsover OK and the sapdg disk group mounts OK
    > on the second host. Can anybody help me or is there any reference material
    > I can read. I have tried SAP's OSS system but to no avail.

  3. Re: Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment

    Consulting Services provides a nameswitch agent as part of the VPro SAP Agent.
    The nameswitch component changes the hostname of the node when SAP service
    group goes ONLINE. It also reverts back to original hostname when group
    goes OFFLINE.

    Check with your Account Manager for more information on obtaining the Agent.

    "zhuchao" wrote:
    >hi,
    > Sap use hostname in its parameter file name.
    > So, when sap failover to another node, you must copy the file on the
    >original node to the new node and rename it.
    > I once impplemented a SAP system failover on IBM hacmp env, i think

    it
    >is the same.
    > Good luck.
    >
    >"Steve Campbell" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am trying to configure SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment and I can not

    >get
    >> SAP to start up following failover to the second host. The R/3 database

    is
    >> Oracle 8.1.7. The system failsover OK and the sapdg disk group mounts

    OK
    >> on the second host. Can anybody help me or is there any reference material
    >> I can read. I have tried SAP's OSS system but to no avail.

  4. Re: Configuring SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment

    You can use symbolic links with each cluster member's hostname version of the
    file pointing to the actual file. We've implemented that here, and it works
    fine. You just have to remember to create the symlinks for each startup and
    profile.

    -cpf

    Bryan Wood wrote:

    > Consulting Services provides a nameswitch agent as part of the VPro SAP Agent.
    > The nameswitch component changes the hostname of the node when SAP service
    > group goes ONLINE. It also reverts back to original hostname when group
    > goes OFFLINE.
    >
    > Check with your Account Manager for more information on obtaining the Agent.
    >
    > "zhuchao" wrote:
    > >hi,
    > > Sap use hostname in its parameter file name.
    > > So, when sap failover to another node, you must copy the file on the
    > >original node to the new node and rename it.
    > > I once impplemented a SAP system failover on IBM hacmp env, i think

    > it
    > >is the same.
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > >"Steve Campbell" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to configure SAP R/3 in a VCS 3.5 environment and I can not

    > >get
    > >> SAP to start up following failover to the second host. The R/3 database

    > is
    > >> Oracle 8.1.7. The system failsover OK and the sapdg disk group mounts

    > OK
    > >> on the second host. Can anybody help me or is there any reference material
    > >> I can read. I have tried SAP's OSS system but to no avail.

+ Reply to Thread