need some help with oracle processes - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on need some help with oracle processes - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello there, I have successfully installed, setup, and run VCS to support an oracle database. I can startup the diskgroups, ip, mounts, oracle db processes, and the listener, and switch from server to server. What I need to do next ...

  1. need some help with oracle processes

    Hello there,

    I have successfully installed, setup, and run VCS to support an oracle database.
    I can startup the diskgroups, ip, mounts, oracle db processes, and the listener,
    and switch from server to server. What I need to do next is to add another
    program to be run. The following used to run from an oracle init.d script,
    but now I need to have it managed by VCS (as user oracle):
    ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys -logfile /oracle/admin/NSCDB/ctxdump/ctxsrv.log

    What is the best method to get this under VCS control?

    Thanks in advance.

    alternately, I can m

  2. Re: need some help with oracle processes

    Hi Steve,
    here's how I chose to do it:

    Application Context (
    User = oracle8i
    StartProgram =
    "/cluster_data/oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin/ctxsrv -user
    ctxsys/ctxsys -log /tmp/ctx.log &"
    StopProgram = "/cluster_data/oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin/cshut"
    MonitorProgram = "/bin/mon_ctx"
    )

    Using the built-in Application agent I set up a context resource. The
    Monitoring program, mon_ctx, is a simple script that checks whether the
    context is running as follows:

    #!/sbin/sh
    if (/usr/bin/pgrep ctxsrv);
    then exit 1;
    else exit 0;
    fi

    This has worked fine for me, and fails over perfectly.

    Regards,
    Andy

    "steve" wrote in message news:3d8a4863$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello there,
    >
    > I have successfully installed, setup, and run VCS to support an oracle

    database.
    > I can startup the diskgroups, ip, mounts, oracle db processes, and the

    listener,
    > and switch from server to server. What I need to do next is to add

    another
    > program to be run. The following used to run from an oracle init.d

    script,
    > but now I need to have it managed by VCS (as user oracle):
    > ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys -logfile /oracle/admin/NSCDB/ctxdump/ctxsrv.log
    >
    > What is the best method to get this under VCS control?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > alternately, I can m

+ Reply to Thread