NFS and VCS - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on NFS and VCS - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi there, does anyone have experience with running NFS in an HA environment using VCS 2.0? Where can I find documentation? In case the master fails over to another node, what would happen to NFS clients accessing the NFS master? ...

  1. NFS and VCS

    Hi there,
    does anyone have experience with running NFS in an HA environment using VCS
    2.0? Where can I find documentation?
    In case the master fails over to another node, what would happen to NFS clients
    accessing the NFS master? Would one be left with a bunch of 'stale NFS
    connections' or is there a way around that?
    Thanks for any insight and help,
    Boje

  2. Re: NFS and VCS

    Boje,

    You have to take care of thr majior an dminor numbers of volumes and and
    disks for which you are using for nfs.
    It do fail over and works.

    Thanks

    Simer
    "Boje Siebels" wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >does anyone have experience with running NFS in an HA environment using

    VCS
    >2.0? Where can I find documentation?
    >In case the master fails over to another node, what would happen to NFS

    clients
    >accessing the NFS master? Would one be left with a bunch of 'stale NFS
    >connections' or is there a way around that?
    >Thanks for any insight and help,
    >Boje

  3. Re: NFS and VCS

    Check the installation guide under "Preparing for NFS Services" which outlines
    major/minor number requirements:

    VCS 2.0 Install Guide:
    VCS 3.5 Install Guide:

    NFS3 uses TCP and takes about 6 minutes to failover. Be sure to allow this
    amount of time in your testing.

    "love100_ca" wrote:

    >Boje,
    >
    >You have to take care of thr majior an dminor numbers of volumes and and
    >disks for which you are using for nfs.
    >It do fail over and works.
    >
    >Thanks
    >

    >Simer
    >"Boje Siebels" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi there,
    >>does anyone have experience with running NFS in an HA environment using

    >VCS
    >>2.0? Where can I find documentation?
    >>In case the master fails over to another node, what would happen to NFS

    >clients
    >>accessing the NFS master? Would one be left with a bunch of 'stale NFS
    >>connections' or is there a way around that?
    >>Thanks for any insight and help,
    >>Boje

  4. Re: NFS and VCS

    test please ignore.
    "Bryan Wood" wrote:

    >Check the installation guide under "Preparing for NFS Services" which outlines
    >major/minor number requirements:
    >
    >VCS 2.0 Install Guide:
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241713.htm
    >VCS 3.5 Install Guide:
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249739.htm
    >
    >NFS3 uses TCP and takes about 6 minutes to failover. Be sure to allow this
    >amount of time in your testing.
    >
    >"love100_ca" wrote:
    >>

    >>Boje,
    >>
    >>You have to take care of thr majior an dminor numbers of volumes and and
    >>disks for which you are using for nfs.
    >>It do fail over and works.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>

    >>Simer
    >>"Boje Siebels" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi there,
    >>>does anyone have experience with running NFS in an HA environment using

    >>VCS
    >>>2.0? Where can I find documentation?
    >>>In case the master fails over to another node, what would happen to NFS

    >>clients
    >>>accessing the NFS master? Would one be left with a bunch of 'stale

    NFS
    >>>connections' or is there a way around that?
    >>>Thanks for any insight and help,
    >>>Boje

+ Reply to Thread