Changing MAC addresses online - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Changing MAC addresses online - Veritas Cluster Server ; I need to change a MAC address online without taking down the IP address on the interface first. I have done this on non-VCS systems, but does VCS make any special use of or cache the MAC address in some ...

  1. Changing MAC addresses online

    I need to change a MAC address online without taking down the IP address on
    the interface first. I have done this on non-VCS systems, but does VCS make
    any special use of or cache the MAC address in some manner (exclude the system
    arp cache) such that simply switching the MAC address beneath the IP address
    would cause a problem ?

    Thanks...JS

  2. Re: Changing MAC addresses online

    You can change the Mac address as you did in non VCS machines
    I had done that on VCS mc/s and it is ok

    Simer

    "Jason Sinnamon" wrote:

    >I need to change a MAC address online without taking down the IP address

    on
    >the interface first. I have done this on non-VCS systems, but does VCS

    make
    >any special use of or cache the MAC address in some manner (exclude the

    system
    >arp cache) such that simply switching the MAC address beneath the IP address
    >would cause a problem ?
    >
    >Thanks...JS

+ Reply to Thread