vmsa and volumes - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on vmsa and volumes - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I have put a database on a shared raid disk which will be seen by a cluster pair. I have mounted /oradata successfully on the primary database machine through vmsa. How do i ensure that if the primary machine ...

  1. vmsa and volumes

    Hi,

    I have put a database on a shared raid disk which will be seen by a cluster
    pair.

    I have mounted /oradata successfully on the primary database machine through
    vmsa.

    How do i ensure that if the primary machine in the cluster fails, that the
    other machine
    in the cluster will then be able to see /oradata.

    I have tried the simple test of rebooting the primary machine - the cluster
    fail over to
    the other machine works fine but i can't seem to see /oradata which is the
    most
    crucial part.

    any help would be appreciated.

    DM

  2. Re: vmsa and volumes

    Hi,

    Have you built the necessary resources in VCS to mount /oradata?

    /Peter

    DM wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have put a database on a shared raid disk which will be seen by a cluster
    > pair.
    >
    > I have mounted /oradata successfully on the primary database machine through
    > vmsa.
    >
    > How do i ensure that if the primary machine in the cluster fails, that the
    > other machine
    > in the cluster will then be able to see /oradata.
    >
    > I have tried the simple test of rebooting the primary machine - the cluster
    > fail over to
    > the other machine works fine but i can't seem to see /oradata which is the
    > most
    > crucial part.
    >
    > any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > DM