VCS 2.0 Service Group Dependencies - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS 2.0 Service Group Dependencies - Veritas Cluster Server ; To All Im trying to use Service Group dependencies to control 2 applications each application resides on one of the nodes in a 2 node cluster, the primary service group is dependent on the child dependenvy - Ive read the ...

  1. VCS 2.0 Service Group Dependencies

    To All

    Im trying to use Service Group dependencies to control 2
    applications each application resides on one of the nodes in a
    2 node cluster, the primary service group is dependent on the
    child dependenvy - Ive read the VCS documentation it states that
    the "offline group dependency" - should solve my problem - (im trying to
    mimic the example in the Veritas User Guide - Solaris VCS Aug 2001 page 43)
    it all works fine if I "ifconfig -a down an interface" on one of the nodes
    a reconfig does occur and the applications do failover onto opposite nodes,
    however if I panic
    one of the nodes (Stop A and sync the node) the parent stays
    online and the child offlines but this is different from the
    manual any ideas ? has anyone else come across this problem ?

  2. Re: VCS 2.0 Service Group Dependencies

    are you saying that you have one service as parent wil the application
    resource whilst the child controls the mount point?
    "andy taylor" wrote in message

    > To All
    >
    > Im trying to use Service Group dependencies to control 2
    > applications each application resides on one of the nodes in a
    > 2 node cluster, the primary service group is dependent on the
    > child dependenvy - Ive read the VCS documentation it states that
    > the "offline group dependency" - should solve my problem - (im trying to
    > mimic the example in the Veritas User Guide - Solaris VCS Aug 2001 page

    43)
    > it all works fine if I "ifconfig -a down an interface" on one of the nodes
    > a reconfig does occur and the applications do failover onto opposite

    nodes,
    > however if I panic
    > one of the nodes (Stop A and sync the node) the parent stays
    > online and the child offlines but this is different from the
    > manual any ideas ? has anyone else come across this problem ?

  3. Re: VCS 2.0 Service Group Dependencies

    "Ricky Teo" wrote:
    >are you saying that you have one service as parent wil the application
    >resource whilst the child controls the mount point?
    >"andy taylor" wrote in message

    Im trying to mimic the application failover as indicated in the VCS manual
    Ive created an NFS (lets call that the prod group) service group and using
    the ClusterService group (lets call that the test group). Ive set the ClusterService
    group "offline group dependency" on the NFS group which it states in the
    manual - but if you ifconfig -a down the interface on one of the nodes the
    groups do failover and online themselves onto the other nodes but if you
    panic the node where the NFS Service Groupp lives - i.e Stop A and sync
    the node - the NFS service group should offline the ClusterService group
    and put the ClusterService group into an offline state and online the NFS
    group onto the node which survives? but it doesnt it offlines the NFS service
    group and keeps the ClusterService group online ?? which it should not do
    ? has anyone else seen this problem ?

    >> To All
    >>
    >> Im trying to use Service Group dependencies to control 2
    >> applications each application resides on one of the nodes in a
    >> 2 node cluster, the primary service group is dependent on the
    >> child dependenvy - Ive read the VCS documentation it states that
    >> the "offline group dependency" - should solve my problem - (im trying

    >> mimic the example in the Veritas User Guide - Solaris VCS Aug 2001 page

    >43)
    >> it all works fine if I "ifconfig -a down an interface" on one of the nodes
    >> a reconfig does occur and the applications do failover onto opposite

    >nodes,
    >> however if I panic
    >> one of the nodes (Stop A and sync the node) the parent stays
    >> online and the child offlines but this is different from the
    >> manual any ideas ? has anyone else come across this problem ?

+ Reply to Thread