Oracle Agent failing - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Oracle Agent failing - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I have a 2 node cluster and and i am evaluatuing VCS. When I do a manual swing of the service group it works fine , but if i do a shudotn abort of the oracle and when it ...

  1. Oracle Agent failing

    Hi,
    I have a 2 node cluster and and i am evaluatuing VCS.

    When I do a manual swing of the service group it works fine , but if i do
    a shudotn abort of the oracle and when it fails over it fails to start on
    the second server. But If the online retrylimit is increased from 0 to 1
    it works on second attemt.
    Even if i increase the monitorinternal from 300 to 420 it still fails for
    the first time.

    Engine log give following error.
    online procedure did not complete within the expected time.

    but before the resorce group fail if i try to connect to the database from
    the command line, and check the dataabse state, it s OK. Only VCS is not
    getting the ORacle status.

    Has any one faced similar problem.
    Any clues why.
    thanks
    Rahul

  2. Re: Oracle Agent failing

    "Rahuldeo Chepurwar" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I have a 2 node cluster and and i am evaluatuing VCS.
    >
    > When I do a manual swing of the service group it works fine , but if i do
    > a shudotn abort of the oracle and when it fails over it fails to start on
    > the second server. But If the online retrylimit is increased from 0 to 1
    > it works on second attemt.
    > Even if i increase the monitorinternal from 300 to 420 it still fails for
    > the first time.
    >
    > Engine log give following error.
    > online procedure did not complete within the expected time.
    >
    > but before the resorce group fail if i try to connect to the database from
    > the command line, and check the dataabse state, it s OK. Only VCS is not
    > getting the ORacle status.
    >
    > Has any one faced similar problem.
    > Any clues why.
    > thanks
    > Rahul

  3. Re: Oracle Agent failing

    why dun you try to simulate a failure...by stopping the ha engine
    then bring oracle back up...and time how long you need when shutdown abort
    was initiated...
    at one site that i did, initiating shutdown abort requires almost 5min
    before oracle can be started...

    any other error thats you can see from the engine.log

    > Hi,
    > I have a 2 node cluster and and i am evaluatuing VCS.
    >
    > When I do a manual swing of the service group it works fine , but if i do
    > a shudotn abort of the oracle and when it fails over it fails to start on
    > the second server. But If the online retrylimit is increased from 0 to 1
    > it works on second attemt.
    > Even if i increase the monitorinternal from 300 to 420 it still fails for
    > the first time.
    >
    > Engine log give following error.
    > online procedure did not complete within the expected time.
    >
    > but before the resorce group fail if i try to connect to the database from
    > the command line, and check the dataabse state, it s OK. Only VCS is not
    > getting the ORacle status.
    >
    > Has any one faced similar problem.
    > Any clues why.
    > thanks