adjusting solaris resources on failover - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on adjusting solaris resources on failover - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello, I have a customer that is telling me he can adjust the amount of system resources in Oracle 9i. Things like the SGA. My question to you is, If I have a 2 node cluster running Oracle on both ...

  1. adjusting solaris resources on failover

    Hello, I have a customer that is telling me he can adjust the amount of system
    resources in Oracle 9i. Things like the SGA. My question to you is, If I
    have a 2 node cluster running Oracle on both nodes, each using 70% of the
    system resources and a failover occures, is their a mechinism in vcs 2.0
    oracle agent that will allow the adjusting of each instances use of system
    resources? Or is this the job of a custom agent?

    Allen

  2. Re: adjusting solaris resources on failover

    VCS 2.0 / 3.5 offers Workload Management,
    VCS 2.0 Users Guide. Pgs 243 - 248 ..

    "Allen Wade" wrote:

    >Hello, I have a customer that is telling me he can adjust the amount of

    system
    >resources in Oracle 9i. Things like the SGA. My question to you is, If I
    >have a 2 node cluster running Oracle on both nodes, each using 70% of the
    >system resources and a failover occures, is their a mechinism in vcs 2.0
    >oracle agent that will allow the adjusting of each instances use of system
    >resources? Or is this the job of a custom agent?
    >
    >Allen

+ Reply to Thread