Restart oracle on vcs in the same node? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Restart oracle on vcs in the same node? - Veritas Cluster Server ; hi, vcs users: We have sun 4500/3500+vcs 1.3+oracle 817 on two nodes as ha solutions. But according to the experience we faced, it was always the oracle server down, not the machine down, and as the 3500 is much less ...

  1. Restart oracle on vcs in the same node?

    hi, vcs users:
    We have sun 4500/3500+vcs 1.3+oracle 817 on two nodes as ha solutions.
    But according to the experience we faced, it was always the oracle
    server down, not the machine down, and as the 3500 is much less powerful
    than the 4500, and failover to 3500 takes much longer than restart oracle
    instance on 3500.
    So, i hope to modify vcs parameter file, so that when oracle instance
    failed in one node, it first try to restart in the same node for 1-3 times,
    if it succeeded, then it is ok.If it cannot be succeeded, it fail over to
    the second node.
    Has anyone ever tested this kind of setup?
    thanks.

  2. Re: Restart oracle on vcs in the same node?

    Just add the following line to OracleTypes.cf file in the VCS config dir:

    static int RestartLimit = 2

    This'll try restarting Oracle twice on the same node.

    Regards
    wacky

    "chao_ping" wrote:
    >hi, vcs users:
    > We have sun 4500/3500+vcs 1.3+oracle 817 on two nodes as ha solutions.
    > But according to the experience we faced, it was always the oracle
    >server down, not the machine down, and as the 3500 is much less powerful
    >than the 4500, and failover to 3500 takes much longer than restart oracle
    >instance on 3500.
    > So, i hope to modify vcs parameter file, so that when oracle instance
    >failed in one node, it first try to restart in the same node for 1-3 times,
    >if it succeeded, then it is ok.If it cannot be succeeded, it fail over to
    >the second node.
    > Has anyone ever tested this kind of setup?
    > thanks.

+ Reply to Thread