HA command user permissions (none root) - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on HA command user permissions (none root) - Veritas Cluster Server ; Does anybody knows how to use the VCS ha-commands, when the user is none root. Because of security reasons, I may not be root user. A special VCS user (and user-group) is created, but what ever I do, the HA ...

  1. HA command user permissions (none root)

    Does anybody knows how to use the VCS ha-commands, when the user is none root.
    Because of security reasons, I may not be root user. A special VCS user
    (and user-group) is created, but what ever I do, the HA commnds complain
    that it must be root. I have looked for VCS sys. attributes to change, but
    no cigar, there is none.
    Any ideas?
    regards,
    Otto Kubbenga

  2. Re: HA command user permissions (none root)

    You can use the SUDO package for that
    http://www.courtesan.com/sudo

    > Does anybody knows how to use the VCS ha-commands, when the user is none

    root.
    > Because of security reasons, I may not be root user. A special VCS user
    > (and user-group) is created, but what ever I do, the HA commnds complain
    > that it must be root. I have looked for VCS sys. attributes to change,

    but
    > no cigar, there is none.

+ Reply to Thread