IpmHandle error.. - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on IpmHandle error.. - Veritas Cluster Server ; we encounted the following errors on our testing system. VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131 VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5 Anyone know what it's?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IpmHandle error..

  1. IpmHandle error..


    we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    Anyone know what it's?

  2. Re: IpmHandle error..


    Mason,
    I have also seen it! All though I am not 100% sure of what it is, I believe
    it is related to the GAB and LLT protocols that monitor and maintain the
    heartbeats. I have these heartbeats connected to the hme0 and hme1 ports
    on a Solaris 2.6 pair! What config do you have?

    rgds
    Cliff

    "Mason" wrote:
    >
    >we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    >VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    >VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    >Anyone know what it's?



  3. Re: IpmHandle error..


    Hi Cliff,
    I use hme0 and qfe0 for HB. qfe1 for public network.
    rgds,
    Mason

    "Cliff parker" wrote:
    >
    >Mason,
    >I have also seen it! All though I am not 100% sure of what it is, I believe
    >it is related to the GAB and LLT protocols that monitor and maintain the
    >heartbeats. I have these heartbeats connected to the hme0 and hme1 ports
    >on a Solaris 2.6 pair! What config do you have?
    >
    >rgds
    >Cliff
    >
    >"Mason" wrote:
    >>
    >>we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    >>VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    >>VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    >>Anyone know what it's?

    >



  4. Re: IpmHandle error..


    Mason,

    Have a look in the /usr/include/sys/errno.h file for error code statements.

    rgds
    Cliff

    "Mason" wrote:
    >
    >Hi Cliff,
    >I use hme0 and qfe0 for HB. qfe1 for public network.
    >rgds,
    >Mason
    >
    >"Cliff parker" wrote:
    >>
    >>Mason,
    >>I have also seen it! All though I am not 100% sure of what it is, I believe
    >>it is related to the GAB and LLT protocols that monitor and maintain the
    >>heartbeats. I have these heartbeats connected to the hme0 and hme1 ports
    >>on a Solaris 2.6 pair! What config do you have?
    >>
    >>rgds
    >>Cliff
    >>
    >>"Mason" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    >>>VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    >>>VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    >>>Anyone know what it's?

    >>

    >



  5. Re: IpmHandle error..


    Thx Cliff. But can you give more hints why these messages came out?
    Many thx.

    "Cliff Parker" wrote:
    >
    >Mason,
    >
    >Have a look in the /usr/include/sys/errno.h file for error code statements.
    >
    >rgds
    >Cliff
    >
    >"Mason" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi Cliff,
    >>I use hme0 and qfe0 for HB. qfe1 for public network.
    >>rgds,
    >>Mason
    >>
    >>"Cliff parker" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Mason,
    >>>I have also seen it! All though I am not 100% sure of what it is, I believe
    >>>it is related to the GAB and LLT protocols that monitor and maintain the
    >>>heartbeats. I have these heartbeats connected to the hme0 and hme1 ports
    >>>on a Solaris 2.6 pair! What config do you have?
    >>>
    >>>rgds
    >>>Cliff
    >>>
    >>>"Mason" wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    >>>>VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    >>>>VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    >>>>Anyone know what it's?
    >>>

    >>

    >



  6. Re: IpmHandle error..


    Mason,
    No hints sorry, I've had it and it's gone for now and sometimes intermittent...I
    just wear it, until it becomes an issue.

    Is this a persistent problem? My thoughts are that if it is not a recurring
    problem causing a lot of heart ache, leave it and push ahead. You could end
    up spending a lot of time going through configs, logs and testing and get
    nowhere.

    Of course if it is a major problem, contact Veritas support, they will probably
    ask you to run an explorer program to collect all of the server setup,logs
    and config.

    rgds
    Cliff

    "Mason" wrote:
    >
    >Thx Cliff. But can you give more hints why these messages came out?
    >Many thx.
    >
    >"Cliff Parker" wrote:
    >>
    >>Mason,
    >>
    >>Have a look in the /usr/include/sys/errno.h file for error code statements.
    >>
    >>rgds
    >>Cliff
    >>
    >>"Mason" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi Cliff,
    >>>I use hme0 and qfe0 for HB. qfe1 for public network.
    >>>rgds,
    >>>Mason
    >>>
    >>>"Cliff parker" wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>Mason,
    >>>>I have also seen it! All though I am not 100% sure of what it is, I believe
    >>>>it is related to the GAB and LLT protocols that monitor and maintain

    the
    >>>>heartbeats. I have these heartbeats connected to the hme0 and hme1 ports
    >>>>on a Solaris 2.6 pair! What config do you have?
    >>>>
    >>>>rgds
    >>>>Cliff
    >>>>
    >>>>"Mason" wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>we encounted the following errors on our testing system.
    >>>>>VCS:10526: IpmHandle:: recv peer exited errno 131
    >>>>>VCS:10525: IpmHandle:: recv _read_errno is 5
    >>>>>Anyone know what it's?
    >>>>
    >>>

    >>

    >



+ Reply to Thread