VCS Oracle Agent- Sqlnet configuration Problem... - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS Oracle Agent- Sqlnet configuration Problem... - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi all, I am using VCS1.3 to configure a Oracle8.1.6 Two node cluster. When i try to configure Sqlnet Resource, as the customer change the default Listener name "LISTENER" to "PROD", I configure the main.cf according to this name, then ...

  1. VCS Oracle Agent- Sqlnet configuration Problem...

    Hi all,

    I am using VCS1.3 to configure a Oracle8.1.6 Two node cluster.
    When i try to configure Sqlnet Resource, as the customer change the default
    Listener name "LISTENER" to "PROD", I configure the main.cf according to
    this name, then i think it is not work fine for this setup, however, if we
    try to change back the name to "LISTENER", i found that it is okay...
    ANY ONE FACE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? IF YES, PLEASE HELP or share your ideas...
    as it is really frustured....

    Thanks...

  2. Re: VCS Oracle Agent- Sqlnet configuration Problem...

    Mike wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using VCS1.3 to configure a Oracle8.1.6 Two node cluster.
    > When i try to configure Sqlnet Resource, as the customer change the default
    > Listener name "LISTENER" to "PROD", I configure the main.cf according to
    > this name, then i think it is not work fine for this setup, however, if we
    > try to change back the name to "LISTENER", i found that it is okay...
    > ANY ONE FACE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? IF YES, PLEASE HELP or share your ideas...
    > as it is really frustured....
    >
    > Thanks...

    Try greping for "PROD" on the ps output. If anything hits then the vcs
    monitor script is getting confused when it's looking for the listner.
    Another problem could be the case, if it's "Prod" in the listner config
    and "PROD" in the VCS config that would cause problems too.

    Bill Borsari

    ** Any opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer **

  3. Re: VCS Oracle Agent- Sqlnet configuration Problem...

    William Borsari wrote:
    >Mike wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am using VCS1.3 to configure a Oracle8.1.6 Two node cluster.
    >> When i try to configure Sqlnet Resource, as the customer change the default
    >> Listener name "LISTENER" to "PROD", I configure the main.cf according

    >> this name, then i think it is not work fine for this setup, however, if

    we
    >> try to change back the name to "LISTENER", i found that it is okay...
    >> ANY ONE FACE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? IF YES, PLEASE HELP or share your ideas...
    >> as it is really frustured....
    >>
    >> Thanks...

    >Try greping for "PROD" on the ps output. If anything hits then the vcs
    >monitor script is getting confused when it's looking for the listner.
    >Another problem could be the case, if it's "Prod" in the listner config
    >and "PROD" in the VCS config that would cause problems too.
    >
    >Bill Borsari
    >
    >** Any opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer **

    Thanks for your information....
    Now I can concluded that all the Listener name must start with "LISTENER",
    since I try to use "LISTENER_prod" and "LISTENER" in the listener.ora and
    main.cf, the Sqlnet agent can work fine however if i change to "prod", the
    Sqlnet agent didn't work... I think the Sqlnet Agent execute the online script
    then inside the SqlnetAgent, there is a grep test on the keyword"LISTENER"...
    so the agent fail...

+ Reply to Thread