How can you get the MultiNIC agent to normalize on the primary interface - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How can you get the MultiNIC agent to normalize on the primary interface - Veritas Cluster Server ; Whne the MultiNIC agent deteced a failure on the primary interface (Nic card) it properly failed over the local and IPMultiNic resources onto the backup interface. Shortly after the primary NIC was determined to be functional. My question is how ...

  1. How can you get the MultiNIC agent to normalize on the primary interface

    Whne the MultiNIC agent deteced a failure on the primary interface (Nic card)
    it properly failed over the local and IPMultiNic resources onto the backup
    interface. Shortly after the primary NIC was determined to be functional.

    My question is how can you get the MultiNIC agent to migrate the local and
    virtual IPs back onto the
    primary interfaces without causing other components in the service
    group to fault and possible effect a switchover?

  2. Re: How can you get the MultiNIC agent to normalize on the primary interface

    May sound silly, but how about just pulling the cable connected
    to the backup nic.

    -Andrew

    "Joe" wrote:

    >Whne the MultiNIC agent deteced a failure on the primary interface (Nic

    card)
    >it properly failed over the local and IPMultiNic resources onto the backup
    >interface. Shortly after the primary NIC was determined to be functional.
    >
    >My question is how can you get the MultiNIC agent to migrate the local and
    >virtual IPs back onto the
    >primary interfaces without causing other components in the service
    >group to fault and possible effect a switchover?

+ Reply to Thread