Hello All,
Just wanted to share my experience in my first install
having very LITTLE experience with VCS before.

Hardware:
A pair of Sun E220R containing a pair of PCI dual SCSI Differential controllers.
1 x qfe ethernet card and a spare 100/Mbs (hme1).
In the end all internal slots were filled on the E220R.
Took me a day and a half to experiment how to attach and configure the hardware.

I elected to have 2 separate SCSI differential controllers on each server.
I then designated the outer SCSI ends of the D1000 array as the "IN" interface
and the inner SCSI interfaces as the "OUT" interface. The primary VCS server
was connected to the "IN" SCSI cables and the secondary server had the "OUT"
SCSI cables. Each Scsi cable was attached to a separate controller on the
E220R.

I then assigned the SCSI initiators as ID #4 and ID #5 for each.
One way I derived the scsi initiator ID was by listing the /dev/rdsk to and
search for the disks on the D1000

e.g. /devices/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,0:c,raw

I read the 3rd field "scsi@4" and used that as ID #4. I did the same for
the next ID. I then used the command "eeprom scsi-initiator-id=5" to set
one scsi initiator, then did the same with ID #4 and do a reboot. Once thats
done, you can check if all is OK by doing a "format" command. If the format
command doesn't 'hang' and all the disks shows - all is well, otherwise try
again you're missing something!

After that the software install was straight forward and easy. They show
the sequence on how to install all the bits of software.

The "hagui" interface really helped me understand how to quickly configure
VCS. The addition of the Oracle templates was a great value as well.

I also needed some time in understanding dependencies which I thought only
affected VCS during a failed resource situation but actually was also important
in starting up the resources as well durig failover...duhh

Anyway I hope this information helps others...

Cesar