Can I mount NFS partition for cluster? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Can I mount NFS partition for cluster? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi to all, any-one tried creating NFS mount resource for VCS? ( not using the netapps agent). I tried using the normal mount resource. I was able to mount the partition but the agent still think it is faulted and ...

  1. Can I mount NFS partition for cluster?

    Hi to all,
    any-one tried creating NFS mount resource for VCS? ( not using
    the netapps agent). I tried using the normal mount resource. I was able
    to mount the partition but the agent still think it is faulted and stop
    monitoring the mount.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can I mount NFS partition for cluster?

    You need to use share, NFS and Mount

    Also make sure the physical devices have both
    major / minor numbers matching

    Nigel Chng wrote:

    >Hi to all,
    > any-one tried creating NFS mount resource for VCS? ( not using
    >the netapps agent). I tried using the normal mount resource. I was able
    >to mount the partition but the agent still think it is faulted and stop
    >monitoring the mount.
    >
    >Thanks

    >begin:vcard
    >n:Chng;Nigel
    >tel;work:3934715
    >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    >org:ECS Computer (Asia) Pte Ltd;SMCC Support
    >version:2.1
    >email;internet:nigel.chng@ecssin.com.sg
    >title:Field Support Engineer
    >adr;quoted-printable:;;Blk 19 Kallang Ave, #07-153-159=0D=0ASingapore 339410;;;;
    >fn:Nigel Chng Chee Teng
    >end:vcard

  3. Re: Can I mount NFS partition for cluster?

    Hi eman,
    I am not refering to setting up a NFS server but mounting a partition from a
    NFS server to my cluster. any ideal?

    Thanks

    eman wrote:

    > You need to use share, NFS and Mount
    >
    > Also make sure the physical devices have both
    > major / minor numbers matching
    >
    > Nigel Chng wrote:
    > >
    > >Hi to all,
    > > any-one tried creating NFS mount resource for VCS? ( not using
    > >the netapps agent). I tried using the normal mount resource. I was able
    > >to mount the partition but the agent still think it is faulted and stop
    > >monitoring the mount.
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > >begin:vcard
    > >n:Chng;Nigel
    > >tel;work:3934715
    > >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    > >org:ECS Computer (Asia) Pte Ltd;SMCC Support
    > >version:2.1
    > >email;internet:nigel.chng@ecssin.com.sg
    > >title:Field Support Engineer
    > >adr;quoted-printable:;;Blk 19 Kallang Ave, #07-153-159=0D=0ASingapore 339410;;;;
    > >fn:Nigel Chng Chee Teng
    > >end:vcard

  4. Re: Can I mount NFS partition for cluster?

    You will need to write a custom agent or contact VERITAS Professional
    Services. VCS does not ship with the ability to mount a NFS share.

    Bill Borsari

    ** All views expressed are my own and not of my employer **

    Nigel Chng wrote:

    > Hi eman,
    > I am not refering to setting up a NFS server but mounting a partition from a
    > NFS server to my cluster. any ideal?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > eman wrote:
    >
    > > You need to use share, NFS and Mount
    > >
    > > Also make sure the physical devices have both
    > > major / minor numbers matching
    > >
    > > Nigel Chng wrote:
    > > >
    > > >Hi to all,
    > > > any-one tried creating NFS mount resource for VCS? ( not using
    > > >the netapps agent). I tried using the normal mount resource. I was able
    > > >to mount the partition but the agent still think it is faulted and stop
    > > >monitoring the mount.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks

    > > >begin:vcard
    > > >n:Chng;Nigel
    > > >tel;work:3934715
    > > >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    > > >org:ECS Computer (Asia) Pte Ltd;SMCC Support
    > > >version:2.1
    > > >email;internet:nigel.chng@ecssin.com.sg
    > > >title:Field Support Engineer
    > > >adr;quoted-printable:;;Blk 19 Kallang Ave, #07-153-159=0D=0ASingapore 339410;;;;
    > > >fn:Nigel Chng Chee Teng
    > > >end:vcard

  5. Re: Can I mount NFS partition for cluster?

    William Borsari wrote:
    >You will need to write a custom agent or contact VERITAS Professional
    >Services. VCS does not ship with the ability to mount a NFS share.
    >
    >Bill Borsari
    >
    >** All views expressed are my own and not of my employer **
    >

    >Nigel Chng wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi eman,
    >> I am not refering to setting up a NFS server but mounting a partition

    from
    >> NFS server to my cluster. any ideal?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> eman wrote:
    >>
    >> > You need to use share, NFS and Mount
    >> >
    >> > Also make sure the physical devices have both
    >> > major / minor numbers matching

    able

    stop

    339410;;;;

    If this is true, then I also have a major issue. Mounting NFS shares within
    VCS is mandatory for SAP R/3 applications. If anybody has a solution, it
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

+ Reply to Thread