Agent unable to offline resource - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Agent unable to offline resource - Veritas Cluster Server ; I get the message Agent unable to offline the resource. I know it executed my offline script sucessfully. (this is a custom agent) How can I figure out why it tells me that it can not offline it. Thanks,...

  1. Agent unable to offline resource

    I get the message Agent unable to offline the resource.
    I know it executed my offline script sucessfully.

    (this is a custom agent)

    How can I figure out why it tells me that it can not offline it.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Agent unable to offline resource

    Does your monitor script return that your agent is offline after
    running your offline script?

    -Darren

    "eman" wrote:

    >I get the message Agent unable to offline the resource.
    >I know it executed my offline script sucessfully.
    >
    >(this is a custom agent)
    >
    >How can I figure out why it tells me that it can not offline it.
    >
    >Thanks,

  3. Re: Agent unable to offline resource

    hares -state nisres -sys system_name

    ONLINE|UNABLE TO OFFLINE

    The monitor script returns exit code of 100

    Is that ok ?

    "Darren Smith" wrote:

    >Does your monitor script return that your agent is offline after
    >running your offline script?
    >
    >-Darren
    >
    >"eman" wrote:
    >>
    >>I get the message Agent unable to offline the resource.
    >>I know it executed my offline script sucessfully.
    >>
    >>(this is a custom agent)
    >>
    >>How can I figure out why it tells me that it can not offline it.
    >>
    >>Thanks,

  4. Re: Agent unable to offline resource

    eman wrote:

    > hares -state nisres -sys system_name
    >
    > ONLINE|UNABLE TO OFFLINE
    >
    > The monitor script returns exit code of 100
    >
    > Is that ok ?
    >
    > "Darren Smith" wrote:
    > >
    > >Does your monitor script return that your agent is offline after
    > >running your offline script?
    > >
    > >-Darren
    > >
    > >"eman" wrote:
    > >>
    > >>I get the message Agent unable to offline the resource.
    > >>I know it executed my offline script sucessfully.
    > >>
    > >>(this is a custom agent)
    > >>
    > >>How can I figure out why it tells me that it can not offline it.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks,

    The exit code of 100 means the resorce is offline. If there are
    problems with the offline script or if the resource remains online after
    offline script has run, VCS will run the "clean" script. It's the job
    of the clean script to make 100% that the resource is not on that
    system. Your issue here seams odd that the monitor would tell VCS the
    resource is offline, but VCS beleives it's not able to. Did the offline
    or monitor script timeout?

    --
    Bill Borsari

    ** All views expressed are my own and not of my employer **

+ Reply to Thread