How to detect a successful Group Fail Over? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to detect a successful Group Fail Over? - Veritas Cluster Server ; What is the best way of detecting a successful Group Fail Over. Would this be from the status output of "hastatus -summary" or will we need to get it from the "log" file?...

  1. How to detect a successful Group Fail Over?

    What is the best way of detecting a successful Group Fail Over. Would this
    be from the status output of "hastatus -summary" or will we need to get it
    from the "log" file?

  2. Re: How to detect a successful Group Fail Over?

    "Nigel Kelly" wrote:

    >What is the best way of detecting a successful Group Fail Over. Would this
    >be from the status output of "hastatus -summary" or will we need to get

    it
    >from the "log" file?

    Nigel,
    Either or will suffice. The hastatus -sum will give you the state of your
    service group. Also, the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine.log_A will provide large
    amounts of data regarding your failover, but the line stating that "your_svc_GRP
    is online on system your_system", will tell you if the service group is online,
    but again you will want to check the hastatus -sum output to see if the cluster
    is in a PARTIAL state, or if there are any faulted resources.
    Regards.

  3. Re: How to detect a successful Group Fail Over?

    One option is to use "postonline" to notify you when the service
    group becomes fully online. This trigger will not run until all
    resources in the service group are online.

    If you are interested in knowing immediately when VCS has a problem,
    consider using the triggers feature built into release 1.3 of VCS.
    You can set up automatic notification for events such as resource
    fault. See the VCS 1.3 Users Guide for details on the various triggers
    you can set up. Samples come with the product.

    We implemented triggers that send messages to our Tivoli monitoring
    system so we know when things happen and get automatic pages for the
    ones we consider most critical.

    -Walter Rowe

    "John Williams" wrote:

    > "Nigel Kelly" wrote:
    >
    > > What is the best way of detecting a successful Group Fail Over. Would

    this
    > > be from the status output of "hastatus -summary" or will we need to get

    it
    > > from the "log" file?

    > Nigel,
    >
    > Either will suffice. The hastatus -sum will give you the state of your
    > service group. Also, the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine.log_A will provide large
    > amounts of data regarding your failover, but the line stating that "your_svc_GRP
    > is online on system your_system", will tell you if the service group is

    online,
    > but again you will want to check the hastatus -sum output to see if the

    cluster
    > is in a PARTIAL state, or if there are any faulted resources.
    > Regards.

+ Reply to Thread