Sun Ex500 HW config - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Sun Ex500 HW config - Veritas Cluster Server ; I am looking for configurations other than the recommended 6500 and 420's. Has anyone set this up using 3500, 4500, 5500? Would you be willing to share what your config looks like for hardware (CPU, memory, disks, ...) My company ...

  1. Sun Ex500 HW config

    I am looking for configurations other than the recommended 6500 and 420's.
    Has anyone set this up using 3500, 4500, 5500? Would you be willing to
    share what your config looks like for hardware (CPU, memory, disks, ...)

    My company is looking at purchasing this software and hardware (Veritas,
    Oracle and Sun) but do not think they need a 6500 (too big) or the 420 (too
    small).

    We are looking at 3500-5500 4-8 CPU's and I do not know enough abou the configs
    to be able to say yes or no on it working.

    On another subject...What is better purchasing the Sunfire 4800 with half
    as many CPU's or E4500 with twice as many. I have not seen a good reason
    why (4) 750MHz CPU would be better than (8) 400MHz CPU's?

    Any help on these items?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Sun Ex500 HW config

    The Ex500 series works fine with VCS. I have seen 4000, 5000, 5500,
    E420R, E250 running VCS with no issues. VCS does not seem to care
    about the server model.

    -Walter Rowe

    "Kevin Bombardier" wrote:

    > I am looking for configurations other than the recommended 6500 and 420's.
    > Has anyone set this up using 3500, 4500, 5500? Would you be willing to
    > share what your config looks like for hardware (CPU, memory, disks, ...)
    >
    > My company is looking at purchasing this software and hardware (Veritas,
    > Oracle and Sun) but do not think they need a 6500 (too big) or the 420

    (too
    > small).
    >
    > We are looking at 3500-5500 4-8 CPU's and I do not know enough abou the

    configs
    > to be able to say yes or no on it working.
    >
    > On another subject...What is better purchasing the Sunfire 4800 with half
    > as many CPU's or E4500 with twice as many. I have not seen a good reason
    > why (4) 750MHz CPU would be better than (8) 400MHz CPU's?
    >
    > Any help on these items?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread