VCS error:10165 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS error:10165 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have three sybase databases running on two node, it seems I didn't shutdown one sybase gracefully, when I tried to bring it online, I got messages: "Error: VCS:10165:Failover group "XXX" is not completely offline in cluster" I run "hagrp ...

  1. VCS error:10165

    I have three sybase databases running on two node, it seems I didn't shutdown
    one sybase
    gracefully, when I tried to bring it online, I got messages:

    "Error: VCS:10165:Failover group "XXX" is not completely offline in cluster"

    I run "hagrp -clear ", no help

  2. Re: VCS error:10165

    Dong:

    You need to look at your ISTATES for each resource in the service group in
    question. They should be in a "not waiting" state. If they are not, you
    need to clear the resource if it is failed and flush the istates for the
    group. Then try onlining the group.

    hares -clear -sys
    hagrp -flush -sy
    hagrp -offline -sys
    hagrp -online -sys

    Derrick

    "Dong" wrote:

    >I have three sybase databases running on two node, it seems I didn't shutdown
    >one sybase
    >gracefully, when I tried to bring it online, I got messages:
    >
    >"Error: VCS:10165:Failover group "XXX" is not completely offline in cluster"
    >
    >I run "hagrp -clear ", no help

+ Reply to Thread