Resetting the RestartLimit attribute - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Resetting the RestartLimit attribute - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have set the RestartLimit attribute on a resource to restart it when a daemon dies or whatever - works great, but I don't know how to reset that attribute. Right now, whenever it restarts the resources, in increments the ...

  1. Resetting the RestartLimit attribute

    I have set the RestartLimit attribute on a resource to restart it when a daemon
    dies or whatever - works great, but I don't know how to reset that attribute.
    Right now, whenever it restarts the resources, in increments the counter
    (1 of 5, or whatever) until it reaches the limit, and the next failure will
    failover. Any way to reset that "counter" back to 0 upon a successful restart?
    Kevin

  2. Re: Resetting the RestartLimit attribute

    Hi Kevin,

    I expierienced the same behaviour with the RestartLimit. But then I found
    some details abount this parameter in the "Agent Developer's Guide" on page
    66.
    The parameter ConfInterval specifies an interval in seconds. After this interval
    the RestartLimit counter is reset to 0. The default for this parameter is
    600 (10min). If you decrease it, you should also have a look at the MonitorInterval
    parameter. For test purposes, I set ConfInterval to 60, RestartInterval to
    3 and MonitorInterval to 10.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers

    Jens

    "Kevin Shingleton" wrote:

    >I have set the RestartLimit attribute on a resource to restart it when a

    daemon
    >dies or whatever - works great, but I don't know how to reset that attribute.
    >Right now, whenever it restarts the resources, in increments the counter
    >(1 of 5, or whatever) until it reaches the limit, and the next failure will
    >failover. Any way to reset that "counter" back to 0 upon a successful restart?
    >Kevin

+ Reply to Thread