How to clear... - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to clear... - Veritas Cluster Server ; an "AGENTS FAILED" message when you show "hastatus -sum" ? I can not find a hint in any documentation about this... thanks !...

  1. How to clear...

    an "AGENTS FAILED" message when you show "hastatus -sum" ?
    I can not find a hint in any documentation about this...

    thanks !

  2. Re: How to clear...

    "Martin" wrote:

    >an "AGENTS FAILED" message when you show "hastatus -sum" ?
    >I can not find a hint in any documentation about this...
    >
    >thanks !

    Try this, do a
    # hares –clear -sys
    For each of the failed resources shown. This the best way to do this.

    Or if their or a lot (you decide what is a lot) you can also do
    # hastop –local
    On the node that has faulted, then do
    # hastart
    Always note
    *** DO THE START ONLY IF OTHER NODE HAS THE SERVICES STARTED ***

    Common command are
    hagrp, hares, hacf
    you can get the usage by doing the following
    # hares -h

  3. Re: How to clear...

    "Mike" wrote:

    >"Martin" wrote:
    >>
    >>an "AGENTS FAILED" message when you show "hastatus -sum" ?
    >>I can not find a hint in any documentation about this...
    >>
    >>thanks !
    >>

    >Try this, do a
    ># hares –clear -sys
    >For each of the failed resources shown. This the best way to do this.
    >
    >Or if their or a lot (you decide what is a lot) you can also do
    ># hastop –local
    >On the node that has faulted, then do
    ># hastart
    >Always note
    > *** DO THE START ONLY IF OTHER NODE HAS THE SERVICES STARTED ***
    >
    >Common command are
    >hagrp, hares, hacf
    >you can get the usage by doing the following
    ># hares -h

    You can also do
    hagrp -clear [-sys ]

    That should clear all faulted resources, and put them in an off-line state.

    -Phill

  4. Re: How to clear...

    Martin,

    With VCS 1.3, there is a haagent command to start/stop the agent.

    Chris

    "Mike" wrote:

    >"Martin" wrote:
    >>
    >>an "AGENTS FAILED" message when you show "hastatus -sum" ?
    >>I can not find a hint in any documentation about this...
    >>
    >>thanks !
    >>

    >Try this, do a
    ># hares -clear -sys
    >For each of the failed resources shown. This the best way to do this.
    >
    >Or if their or a lot (you decide what is a lot) you can also do
    ># hastop -local
    >On the node that has faulted, then do
    ># hastart
    >Always note
    > *** DO THE START ONLY IF OTHER NODE HAS THE SERVICES STARTED ***
    >
    >Common command are
    >hagrp, hares, hacf
    >you can get the usage by doing the following
    ># hares -h

+ Reply to Thread