Samba in Cluster HA Config - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Samba in Cluster HA Config - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config? Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services (different NetBIOS identifiers with their ...

  1. Samba in Cluster HA Config

    Hi

    has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config?

    Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware
    that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services
    (different NetBIOS identifiers with their own resources) on both nodes,
    and managed to configure it for failover?

    Any inputs/experiences would be very helpful.

    Cheers
    Kenneth

  2. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    VERITAS support Samba HA config at "File Server Edition".
    Please contact VERITAS Sales.

    Kenneth Hwang wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config?
    >
    >Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware
    >that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services
    >(different NetBIOS identifiers with their own resources) on both nodes,
    >and managed to configure it for failover?
    >
    >Any inputs/experiences would be very helpful.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Kenneth

  3. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    Kenneth Hwang wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config?
    >
    >Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware
    >that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services
    >(different NetBIOS identifiers with their own resources) on both nodes,
    >and managed to configure it for failover?
    >
    >Any inputs/experiences would be very helpful.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Kenneth

  4. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    You have to implement your own agent. But this is not a big deal with the
    provided ScriptAgent.

    If you want to use PDC authentification you have to make the credentials
    to fail over, too.

    If you want to run samba on both nodes in parallel you have to provide a
    more sophisticated 'monitor' function (scanning only the process table won't
    be enouth as on both nodes smb will be found and therefore you will get a
    concurrency violation).

  5. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    If you are using VCS 1.3 , you can use the bundled Application agent to
    configure Samba failover.
    I am using the Application agent for Samba failover on SPARC/Solaris 2.6
    and it works fine.

    -Eswar

    Kenneth Hwang wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config?
    >
    > Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware
    > that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services
    > (different NetBIOS identifiers with their own resources) on both nodes,
    > and managed to configure it for failover?
    >
    > Any inputs/experiences would be very helpful.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Kenneth

  6. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    Or just use www.linuxvirtualserver.com for cluster SAMBA, works great for
    any TCP/UDP over IP services.

    "Eswar Prasad Angisetty" wrote in message
    > If you are using VCS 1.3 , you can use the bundled Application agent to
    > configure Samba failover.
    > I am using the Application agent for Samba failover on SPARC/Solaris 2.6
    > and it works fine.
    >
    > -Eswar
    >

    > Kenneth Hwang wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > has anyone tried to use Samba in a Cluster Config?
    > >
    > > Specifically, using Veritas Cluster on Solaris SPARC boxes. I am aware
    > > that this has been done, but has anyone managed to run Samba services
    > > (different NetBIOS identifiers with their own resources) on both nodes,
    > > and managed to configure it for failover?
    > >
    > > Any inputs/experiences would be very helpful.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Kenneth

  7. Re: Samba in Cluster HA Config

    "Veritas Support News Group" wrote:
    >Or just use www.linuxvirtualserver.com for cluster SAMBA, works great for
    >any TCP/UDP over IP services.

    I'm not having any luck with that URL. Anywhere else I should look for this
    product?

+ Reply to Thread