MCSG versus VCS - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on MCSG versus VCS - Veritas Cluster Server ; Does anyone have any experience with MCSG (Service Guard) and VCS on HPUX? Any comparative thoughts? Looking at implementing a Cluster Solution on HPUX, application is SAP. LAN extension (100FX) to be used as the heartbeat mechanism, FC (Long Wave) ...

  1. MCSG versus VCS

    Does anyone have any experience with MCSG (Service Guard) and VCS on HPUX?
    Any comparative thoughts? Looking at implementing a Cluster Solution on
    HPUX, application is SAP. LAN extension (100FX) to be used as the heartbeat
    mechanism, FC (Long Wave) to be used for site to site mirroring.

    Cheers,

    Mike

  2. Re: MCSG versus VCS

    "Michael Traves" wrote:
    >Does anyone have any experience with MCSG (Service Guard) and VCS on HPUX?
    >Any comparative thoughts? Looking at implementing a Cluster Solution on
    >HPUX, application is SAP. LAN extension (100FX) to be used as the heartbeat
    >mechanism, FC (Long Wave) to be used for site to site mirroring.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Mike

    Hi Mike
    we hav a running VCS on HPUX (2 L-class server with fc10 Disks).
    The application that we are running is Veritas Netbackup Master Server
    (without media server).
    Until today, we didn't have any problems with the cluster system or
    the cluster software.

    For more information do not hasitate to contact me
    regards
    Juergen

+ Reply to Thread