Oracle and HA - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Oracle and HA - Veritas Cluster Server ; We are currently evaluating DB Edition 2.1 for Oracle and Veritas Cluster Server. Is there an installation document that describes the details of High Availability with Oracle and VCS? I am assuming that we will install Oracle on the shared ...

  1. Oracle and HA

    We are currently evaluating DB Edition 2.1 for Oracle and Veritas Cluster
    Server.

    Is there an installation document that describes the details of High Availability
    with Oracle and VCS?

    I am assuming that we will install Oracle on the shared disk and configure
    the VCS Oracle Agent with the appropriate parameters.

    How does VCS handle failover? If the primary server fails will the backup
    server automatically start Oracle and begin to service requests? Is there
    any documentation on this?

    Thanks

    Jack

  2. Re: Oracle and HA

    "Jack Kesselman" wrote:

    >We are currently evaluating DB Edition 2.1 for Oracle and Veritas Cluster
    >Server.
    >
    >Is there an installation document that describes the details of High Availability

    I do not know about the docimentation but same has been configured by me
    and it works.
    Oracle is started on the failover server by vcs

    >with Oracle and VCS?
    >
    >I am assuming that we will install Oracle on the shared disk and configure
    >the VCS Oracle Agent with the appropriate parameters.
    >
    >How does VCS handle failover? If the primary server fails will the backup
    >server automatically start Oracle and begin to service requests? Is there
    >any documentation on this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Jack

+ Reply to Thread