Virtual IP support - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Virtual IP support - Veritas Cluster Server ; We're in the process of evaluating VCS. In a private network (LAN) does VCS support a virtual IP address or do I have to write my own ifconfig/arp scripts? thanks in advance....

  1. Virtual IP support

    We're in the process of evaluating VCS. In a private network (LAN) does VCS
    support a virtual IP address or do I have to write my own ifconfig/arp scripts?

    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Virtual IP support

    You create a virtual ip using ifconfig....
    "T Khan" wrote in message news:39cf72f8$1@hronntp01....

    > We're in the process of evaluating VCS. In a private network (LAN) does

    VCS
    > support a virtual IP address or do I have to write my own ifconfig/arp

    scripts?

    > thanks in advance.

  3. Re: Virtual IP support

    > does VCS support a virtual IP address or do I have to write my own
    ifconfig/arp scripts?

    By creating an IP-type resource and specifying the address, network
    interface to utilize [and netmask if subnetting] the Virtual IP will be
    defined [automagically] - you don't even have to specify an hme0:1 or hme0:2
    as the device - just hme0 - VCS figures out the detail.

    Paul Johnston
    Opinions Expressed are My Own, But I'm Willing to Share :^)

    ---