How to get expired media back? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to get expired media back? - Veritas Cluster Server ; I recently made a slight oops and expired all the media using: bpexpdate -ev ###### -d 0 -force Welp, now media manager knows about the media but netbackup only sees 00000 (which bpexpdate didnt get rid of because it was ...

  1. How to get expired media back?

    I recently made a slight oops and expired all the media using:
    bpexpdate -ev ###### -d 0 -force
    Welp, now media manager knows about the media but netbackup only sees 00000
    (which bpexpdate didnt get rid of because it was in use at the time). I tried
    removed the media and reinventorying, to no avail. Would anybody know how
    I can make these active again? (When I try to change the expiration date
    it tells me:
    "requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database")

    -Brett

  2. Re: How to get expired media back?

    I don't have an answer for you but I'd love to hear it.

    "Brett Chancellor" wrote:

    >I recently made a slight oops and expired all the media using:
    >bpexpdate -ev ###### -d 0 -force
    >Welp, now media manager knows about the media but netbackup only sees 00000
    >(which bpexpdate didnt get rid of because it was in use at the time). I

    tried
    >removed the media and reinventorying, to no avail. Would anybody know how
    >I can make these active again? (When I try to change the expiration date
    >it tells me:
    >"requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume

    database")

    >-Brett

  3. Re: How to get expired media back?

    1- Why ask in the cluster newsgroup? The group to ask this question is is
    veritas.netbackup.unix.english
    2- *If* the media hasn't been reused - you can try "bpimport ...",
    otherwise, you're restoring your RESUME.DOC.

    paul johnston
    Opinions expressed are my own, but I'm willing to share.

    wrote in message

    > I recently made a slight oops and expired all the media using:
    > bpexpdate -ev ###### -d 0 -force
    > Welp, now media manager knows about the media but netbackup only sees

    00000
    > (which bpexpdate didnt get rid of because it was in use at the time). I

    tried
    > removed the media and reinventorying, to no avail. Would anybody know how
    > I can make these active again? (When I try to change the expiration date
    > it tells me:
    > "requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume

    database")

    > -Brett

    ---