NIC cards used in Solaris system running VCS - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on NIC cards used in Solaris system running VCS - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello... We are in the process of installing the VCS software and the 3rd party who is performing the install brought up an issue with our NIC cards. I currently have 2 10/100 NICs and an ATM NIC. The 10/100s ...

  1. NIC cards used in Solaris system running VCS

    Hello...

    We are in the process of installing the VCS software and the 3rd party
    who is performing the install brought up an issue with our NIC cards. I
    currently have 2 10/100 NICs and an ATM NIC. The 10/100s are used (going
    to be used) as heartbeats. The ATM is going to be the regular NIC for
    workstation access. The card is setup for LANE services with a simple
    IP#/mask configuration (no funky PVC/QoS stuff, straight ahead
    networking). Our vendor has said that this will not work - VCS is not
    compatible with this environment.

    Is this true?

  2. Re: NIC cards used in Solaris system running VCS

    Steve,

    Your environment should work with VCS. I've configured VCs with ATM as the
    public network and 10/100
    BaseT Ethernet as private network(heartbeat). This is pretty common setup.

    Good luck,

    Yonglin Qian
    qian@x85.com

    stevec@kronos.com (Steve Castellarin) wrote:
    >Hello...
    >
    >We are in the process of installing the VCS software and the 3rd party
    >who is performing the install brought up an issue with our NIC cards. I

    >currently have 2 10/100 NICs and an ATM NIC. The 10/100s are used (going

    >to be used) as heartbeats. The ATM is going to be the regular NIC for
    >workstation access. The card is setup for LANE services with a simple
    >IP#/mask configuration (no funky PVC/QoS stuff, straight ahead
    >networking). Our vendor has said that this will not work - VCS is not
    >compatible with this environment.
    >
    >Is this true?

+ Reply to Thread