Oracle agent starts and faults - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Oracle agent starts and faults - Veritas Cluster Server ; I'm running into a stone wall trying to configure the oracle agent on VCS. The *_A log reports "update failure: missing value" and the engine* log reports "Agent XXXX not sending alive Messages". I've picked the config apart, but can't ...

  1. Oracle agent starts and faults

    I'm running into a stone wall trying to configure the oracle agent on VCS.
    The *_A log reports "update failure: missing value" and the engine* log reports
    "Agent XXXX not sending alive Messages". I've picked the config apart, but
    can't figure out why. Can anyone steer men in the right direction?

  2. Re: Oracle agent starts and faults

    Are you using second level monitoring for this Oracle agent. If you do,
    look at the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Oracle/OracleTest.pl i believe and verify
    your test manually before you use the second level monitoring.

    "Eric Matthies" wrote:

    >I'm running into a stone wall trying to configure the oracle agent on VCS.
    >The *_A log reports "update failure: missing value" and the engine* log

    reports
    >"Agent XXXX not sending alive Messages". I've picked the config apart,

    but
    >can't figure out why. Can anyone steer men in the right direction?

+ Reply to Thread