VCS Volume failover - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS Volume failover - Veritas Cluster Server ; I am in the process of implementing a two node cluster . I have multiple volumes that I need to failover to the secondary machine. I am using virtual ip addresses to address the two machines . Can anyone suggest ...

  1. VCS Volume failover

    I am in the process of implementing a two node cluster .
    I have multiple volumes that I need to failover to the secondary machine.
    I am using virtual ip addresses to address the two machines .
    Can anyone suggest how multiple volume failover can be configured .
    Does the volume failover require complete diskgroup failover ?
    Does the volume failover require complete service group failover ?
    Can failover be configured at agent level ?
    Anyone please suggest what possibilities for this design can be implemented

  2. Re: VCS Volume failover

    Mujeeb,

    VCS was designed for "service group level failover".
    You cannot configure failover at agent level.
    A group failover results from an agent fail.

    To fail over VxVM, first, you configure a diskgroup(not rootdg).
    Then you configure multiple volumes in the diskgroup.
    Because if failover happened, secondary server take over
    diskgroup(not volume) using "vxdg import" command.

    "Mujeeb Sayed" wrote:

    >I am in the process of implementing a two node cluster .
    >I have multiple volumes that I need to failover to the secondary machine.
    >I am using virtual ip addresses to address the two machines .
    >Can anyone suggest how multiple volume failover can be configured .
    >Does the volume failover require complete diskgroup failover ?
    >Does the volume failover require complete service group failover ?
    >Can failover be configured at agent level ?
    >Anyone please suggest what possibilities for this design can be implemented
    >.
    >Thanks
    >
    >Mujeeb Sayed

+ Reply to Thread