Problem with mount options - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Problem with mount options - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I'm having a problem using more then one mount option with the Mount Agent. I'm using VERITAS Cluster Server version 1.1.1. and trying to mount a veritas filesystem. I've tried every combination of the attribute "MountOpt" that I can ...

  1. Problem with mount options

    Hi,

    I'm having a problem using more then one mount option with the
    Mount Agent.

    I'm using VERITAS Cluster Server version 1.1.1. and trying to
    mount a veritas filesystem.

    I've tried every combination of the attribute "MountOpt" that
    I can think:

    "ro" --> it mounts the volume correctly as read-only
    "delaylog" --> it mounts the volume correctly with delaylog
    "ro,delaylog" or "ro delaylog" or "-o ro,delaylog" --> it fails
    to mount and the logs complain about the syntax of the
    mount command.

    and here's the one I really don't understand:

    "ro -o delaylog" --> it mounts the volume with delaylog BUT read-write.

    Does anybody know what is going on here and how I can work around
    this bug?
    -Rob

  2. Re: Problem with mount options

    I think error occured when VCS mounted vxfs file system.
    Because ro and delaylog options cannot co-exist.
    Please check mount_vxfs manual page.

    Rob Egan" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm having a problem using more then one mount option with the
    >Mount Agent.
    >
    >I'm using VERITAS Cluster Server version 1.1.1. and trying to
    >mount a veritas filesystem.
    >
    >I've tried every combination of the attribute "MountOpt" that
    >I can think:
    >
    >"ro" --> it mounts the volume correctly as read-only
    >"delaylog" --> it mounts the volume correctly with delaylog
    >"ro,delaylog" or "ro delaylog" or "-o ro,delaylog" --> it fails
    > to mount and the logs complain about the syntax of the
    > mount command.
    >
    >and here's the one I really don't understand:
    >
    >"ro -o delaylog" --> it mounts the volume with delaylog BUT read-write.
    >
    >Does anybody know what is going on here and how I can work around
    >this bug?
    >-Rob

+ Reply to Thread