Features - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Features - Veritas Cluster Server ; First of all, let me apologize for my simple questions: I'm just learning about cluster servers; the boss said "Here. Find out what you can about this." Thanks. I tried contacting Support, but they blew me off and the Customer ...

  1. Features

    First of all, let me apologize for my simple questions: I'm just learning
    about cluster servers; the boss said "Here. Find out what you can about
    this." Thanks. I tried contacting Support, but they blew me off and the
    Customer Services page is down.

    1. Does Cluster Server handle the startup/shutdown of a server similar to
    what FirstWatch does?

    2. Can Cluster Server fail over to another apps server if one fails, to
    a standby server, or either?

  2. Re: Features

    "Todd Hintz" wrote:

    >1. Does Cluster Server handle the startup/shutdown of a server similar to
    >what FirstWatch does?

    Cluster Server can handle application.

    You may only write startup/shutdown modules when you used FirstWatch.
    You must write online(startup)/offline(shutdown)/monitor(similar to
    FirstWatch agent.test) modules when you use Cluster Server.
    Monitor module is very important to Cluster Server, because Cluster
    Server use a "monitor" function to check application health.

    >2. Can Cluster Server fail over to another apps server if one fails, to
    >a standby server, or either?

    Yes.Cluster Server handle both(FirstWatch asymmetric/symmetric)
    configurations.

+ Reply to Thread