Cluster won't failover - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Cluster won't failover - Veritas Cluster Server ; We went to do a failover test last evening using hagrp -switch. The systems would not failover. I recieved an error message. Group grp-gemstone has not been fully probed on system gsj2 I can't find any documentation on forcing a ...

  1. Cluster won't failover

    We went to do a failover test last evening using hagrp -switch. The systems
    would not failover. I recieved an error message.

    Group grp-gemstone has not been fully probed on system gsj2

    I can't find any documentation on forcing a full probe.

    Cheers,
    Mark

  2. Re: Cluster won't failover

    Mark,

    make sure all the resources are enabled. If one or more are
    not enabled this will stop the group from being fully probed.
    You can also try to probe each resource in the group like this maybe:

    for resource in `hares -display | grep Group | grep grp-gemstone | awk '{print
    $1}' | sort -u`
    do
    hares -probe $resource -sys gsj2
    done

    There doesn't seem to be a way to do a hagrp -probe, unfortunatly... although
    you can do a hagrp -flush.

    cheers,

    Greg Gallagher
    First Options Chicago