Sun 450 and D1000 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Sun 450 and D1000 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I want to setup a VCS environment using 2 E450 and 1 D1000. I have configured one machine's scsi-initiator-id to 7 and the other to 6 using 'setenv scsc-initiator-id 6', and the SCSI card is in corrent PCI slot. Each ...

  1. Sun 450 and D1000

    I want to setup a VCS environment using 2 E450 and 1 D1000. I have configured
    one machine's scsi-initiator-id to 7 and the other to 6 using 'setenv scsc-initiator-id
    6', and the SCSI card is in corrent PCI slot. Each machine can be brought
    up seperately, but while I connect them together, two machine will hang just
    print some warning message like 'invalid reselection' during system boot.
    Does anyone know if anything else must be changed? Thanks a lot.

  2. Re: Sun 450 and D1000

    Dosen't the CDROM have 6 ?

    Try 5 instead ore make a file under /kernel/drv/glm.conf and set the scsi initiator id
    there instead.
    Another way to do this is to make a file in NWRAM with nvedit that sets the scsi id.

    Patrik

    David wrote:

    > I want to setup a VCS environment using 2 E450 and 1 D1000. I have configured
    > one machine's scsi-initiator-id to 7 and the other to 6 using 'setenv scsc-initiator-id
    > 6', and the SCSI card is in corrent PCI slot. Each machine can be brought
    > up seperately, but while I connect them together, two machine will hang just
    > print some warning message like 'invalid reselection' during system boot.
    > Does anyone know if anything else must be changed? Thanks a lot.

  3. Re: Sun 450 and D1000

    Those are correct ways. However, you have to make sure the D1000 itself doesn't
    have ID conflicting with the host controller. If you change /kernel/drv/glm.conf,
    I think it wouldn't confict with CDROM ID, would it?

    Patrik Linder wrote:
    >Dosen't the CDROM have 6 ?
    >
    >Try 5 instead ore make a file under /kernel/drv/glm.conf and set the scsi

    initiator
    >id
    >there instead.
    >Another way to do this is to make a file in NWRAM with nvedit that sets

    the scsi id.

    >Patrik
    >
    >David wrote:
    >
    >> I want to setup a VCS environment using 2 E450 and 1 D1000. I have configured
    >> one machine's scsi-initiator-id to 7 and the other to 6 using 'setenv

    scsc-initiator-id
    >> 6', and the SCSI card is in corrent PCI slot. Each machine can be brought
    >> up seperately, but while I connect them together, two machine will hang

    just
    >> print some warning message like 'invalid reselection' during system boot.
    >> Does anyone know if anything else must be changed? Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread