how to configure service group's heartbeat disk - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on how to configure service group's heartbeat disk - Veritas Cluster Server ; I want to configure a heartbeat disk for a service group, but it doesn't work. How must I configure it?...

  1. how to configure service group's heartbeat disk

    I want to configure a heartbeat disk for a service group, but it doesn't
    work. How must I configure it?

  2. Re: how to configure service group's heartbeat disk

    This is taken from my main.cf file:

    ServiceGroupHB sghb (
    Disks = { c2t22d0s7, 0, c3t22d0s7, 0 }
    )

    Make sure you have configured the disk using hahbsetup, this will configure
    slice 7 for the sghb, you can then add the remaining disk to a diskgroup
    using vxdg adddisk. Do not re-initalize the disk otherwise you will
    loose slice 7.

    Also make sure the sghb device(s) are on shared storage.

    Regards
    Martin.

+ Reply to Thread