Offlining mount resource - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Offlining mount resource - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello, does anybody have experience with offlining a simple resource like a mount in VCS? I have seen that when there is 'forgotten' cmdtool with the working directory in the directory that is to be unmounted, it will not offline. ...

  1. Offlining mount resource

    Hello,

    does anybody have experience with offlining a simple resource like a mount
    in VCS? I have seen that when there is 'forgotten' cmdtool with the working
    directory in the directory that is to be unmounted, it will not offline.

    Is there any unix trick to find out if there is a process occupying a directory
    that needs to be unmounted? Otherwise behaviour like this can block a fail
    over.

  2. Re: Offlining mount resource

    The UNIX command fuser /mount-point will tell what process is using a mounted
    file system.

    "Henk Wennink" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >does anybody have experience with offlining a simple resource like a mount
    >in VCS? I have seen that when there is 'forgotten' cmdtool with the working
    >directory in the directory that is to be unmounted, it will not offline.
    >
    >Is there any unix trick to find out if there is a process occupying a directory
    >that needs to be unmounted? Otherwise behaviour like this can block a fail
    >over.

  3. Re: Offlining mount resource

    The VCS offline agent script in ./VRTSvcs/bin/Mount does an
    fuser and kills all process's on a mounted file system. So in
    theory you do not need to worry.

    angelo

    "Alex Dreyer" wrote:

    >The UNIX command fuser /mount-point will tell what process is using a mounted
    >file system.
    >

    >"Henk Wennink" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>does anybody have experience with offlining a simple resource like a mount
    >>in VCS? I have seen that when there is 'forgotten' cmdtool with the working
    >>directory in the directory that is to be unmounted, it will not offline.
    >>
    >>Is there any unix trick to find out if there is a process occupying a directory
    >>that needs to be unmounted? Otherwise behaviour like this can block a fail
    >>over.

  4. Re: Offlining mount resource

    "Alex Dreyer" wrote:
    >You can use fuser -k /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 to kill processes using the FS /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5.

    >The UNIX command fuser /mount-point will tell what process is using a mounted
    >file system.
    >

    >"Henk Wennink" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>does anybody have experience with offlining a simple resource like a mount
    >>in VCS? I have seen that when there is 'forgotten' cmdtool with the working
    >>directory in the directory that is to be unmounted, it will not offline.
    >>
    >>Is there any unix trick to find out if there is a process occupying a directory
    >>that needs to be unmounted? Otherwise behaviour like this can block a fail
    >>over.

+ Reply to Thread