cluster server info needed - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on cluster server info needed - Veritas Cluster Server ; If any one has implemented the cluster server on Solaris...pls let me know what are the recommended guidelines , rather the way one should configure to get maximum performance....i mean how to tune the Cluster to get max performance...

  1. cluster server info needed

    If any one has implemented the cluster server on Solaris...pls let me know
    what are the recommended guidelines , rather the way one should configure
    to get maximum performance....i mean how to tune the Cluster to get max performance

  2. Re: cluster server info needed

    "shibaji" wrote:
    >Might want to check these technotes (among others in the knowledge base):

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...rver183184.htm
    and:
    http//seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/clusterserver181381.htm
    >If any one has implemented the cluster server on Solaris...pls let me know
    >what are the recommended guidelines , rather the way one should configure
    >to get maximum performance....i mean how to tune the Cluster to get max

    performance

  3. Re: cluster server info needed

    Correct Links are -
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...VER/183184.htm
    and
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...VER/181381.htm
    Both related to the network and not timing or testing.

    You can "tune" VCS by using the "haattr" command as well as others. You might
    save some time or cause the group to fail for no reason. On average with
    no changes to the defaults on an Oracle cluster it will take about 2-3 minutes
    to detect and come on line on the alternate server.

    Mike

    "Doris" wrote:

    >"shibaji" wrote:
    >>Might want to check these technotes (among others in the knowledge base):

    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...rver183184.htm
    >and:
    >http//seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/clusterserver181381.htm
    >>If any one has implemented the cluster server on Solaris...pls let me know
    >>what are the recommended guidelines , rather the way one should configure
    >>to get maximum performance....i mean how to tune the Cluster to get max

    >performance

+ Reply to Thread