GNU compiler to compile VCS agent - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on GNU compiler to compile VCS agent - Veritas Cluster Server ; Does anybody know how to compile VCS agent with the GNU compiler. When I try to do that I get unresolved externals from the VCS libraries. By looking at the sample VCS Makefile the library was compiled with Sun complier. ...

  1. GNU compiler to compile VCS agent

    Does anybody know how to compile VCS agent with the GNU compiler.
    When I try to do that I get unresolved externals from the VCS libraries.
    By looking at the sample VCS Makefile the library was compiled
    with Sun complier.

    g++ -o agent agent.o -lvcsagfw -lsocket -lnsl -lposix4 -lpthread
    /usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_pure_error_'
    /usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_ex_rethrow_q'
    /usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_vector_new_'
    /usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_vector_delete_'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [agent] Error 1

  2. Re: GNU compiler to compile VCS agent

    Hi Peter,

    the agent framework was compiled with the SPARCworks compiler.
    Due to the special name mangling of this tool, you have to use
    the "-lC" option as well.

    Cheers, Pavel

    "Peter Ziobrzynski" wrote:

    >Does anybody know how to compile VCS agent with the GNU compiler.
    >When I try to do that I get unresolved externals from the VCS libraries.
    >By looking at the sample VCS Makefile the library was compiled
    >with Sun complier.
    >
    >g++ -o agent agent.o -lvcsagfw -lsocket -lnsl -lposix4 -lpthread
    >/usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_pure_error_'
    >/usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_ex_rethrow_q'
    >/usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_vector_new_'
    >/usr/lib/libvcsagfw.so: undefined reference to `_vector_delete_'
    >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    >make: *** [agent] Error 1

+ Reply to Thread