Veritas Cluster using D1000 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Veritas Cluster using D1000 - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi , I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card. Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.? Ganesh...

  1. Veritas Cluster using D1000

    Hi ,

    I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a
    D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card.

    Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.?

    Ganesh

  2. Re: Veritas Cluster using D1000

    Dear lyer,

    Yes Sure.

    If D1000 has the 2 ea Diff SCSI port, It's no problem.

    The Basic func of VCS is Symmetric Mode.
    But It has no No problem with Asymmetric Mode.

    --
    In Kim
    Tech manager

    Tel) +82-2-538-4001
    Fax) +82-2-553-4060
    Cell phone) +82-016-270-4002
    Email) kinuein@samboo.co.kr

  3. Re: Veritas Cluster using D1000

    Dear sir:
    I don't understand what kind of model to do Asymmetric Mode ?
    What's mean?Could you can tell me detail.
    Thanks!
    My e-mail:linux.ysa@hinet.net

    "Kim, In" wrote:

    > Dear lyer,
    >
    > Yes Sure.
    >
    > If D1000 has the 2 ea Diff SCSI port, It's no problem.
    >
    > The Basic func of VCS is Symmetric Mode.
    > But It has no No problem with Asymmetric Mode.
    >
    > Ganesh Iyer wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a
    > > D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card.
    > >
    > > Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.?
    > >
    > > Ganesh

    > --
    > In Kim
    > Tech manager
    >
    > Tel) +82-2-538-4001
    > Fax) +82-2-553-4060
    > Cell phone) +82-016-270-4002
    > Email) kinuein@samboo.co.kr

  4. Re: Veritas Cluster using D1000

    I have that same setup and I'm going to be adding a second x6541a pci scsi
    hard drive controller. I need to know how to change the scsi initiator id
    for the new controller. A consultant
    setup the first one up and did not pass on the information on how to change
    it in case we added another controller.

    Thanks.

    "Ganesh Iyer" wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >
    >I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a
    >D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card.
    >
    >Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.?
    >
    >Ganesh

  5. Re: Veritas Cluster using D1000

    Thanks to Sunīs Cluster Manual :-)

    1) identify the new controller device

    OK> probe-scsi-all

    i.e.: "/pci@6,4000/scsi@3" as the controller for the connected D1000 disks

    2) change the scsi-initiator-id to 6 in the nvram:

    OK> nvedit
    probe-all install-console banner
    cd /pci@6,4000/scsi@3
    6 " scsi-initiator-id" integer-property
    device-end
    [ctrl-C]

    OK> nvstore
    (OK> nvramrc evaluate ...... check nvram Inhalt)

    "Dan" wrote:

    >I have that same setup and I'm going to be adding a second x6541a pci scsi
    >hard drive controller. I need to know how to change the scsi initiator id
    >for the new controller. A consultant
    >setup the first one up and did not pass on the information on how to change
    >it in case we added another controller.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

    >"Ganesh Iyer" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi ,
    >>
    >>I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a
    >>D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card.
    >>
    >>Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.?
    >>
    >>Ganesh

  6. Re: Veritas Cluster using D1000

    Kim, In schrieb:
    > Dear lyer,
    >
    > Yes Sure.
    >
    > If D1000 has the 2 ea Diff SCSI port, It's no problem.
    >
    > The Basic func of VCS is Symmetric Mode.
    > But It has no No problem with Asymmetric Mode.
    >

    > Ganesh Iyer wrote:
    >> Hi ,
    >>
    >> I wanted to know if anyone has configured a VCS with 2 E450 and a
    >> D1000 hving 12x9Gb Disks.!Each hosts has one Diff SCSI card.
    >>
    >> Can it be configured in Asymmetric Mode.?
    >>
    >> Ganesh

    since all thinks on the same bus, every host has to set a different
    initiator ID (see other postings).

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread