Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere? - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have written a couple of simple ones but don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there an archive somewhere? If I set one up, would everyone be willing to contribute? Ed...

  1. Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    I have written a couple of simple ones but don't want to
    reinvent the wheel, is there an archive somewhere?

    If I set one up, would everyone be willing to contribute?

    Ed

  2. Re: Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    Count me in

    "Ed Quillen" wrote:

    >I have written a couple of simple ones but don't want to
    >reinvent the wheel, is there an archive somewhere?
    >
    >If I set one up, would everyone be willing to contribute?
    >
    >Ed

  3. Re: Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    Me too. At my company we've developed a better, more intelligent
    Process agent in Perl and are planning on GPL'ing the code and
    releasing to Freshmeat. I'd almost be willing to put up a site
    for agents at my website, http://www.ragetech.com; Anyone suggest any
    software for posting this type of thing, perhaps a' la sourceforge
    or freshmeat? Perhaps just that.

    Greg Gallagher
    UNIX Administrator
    ggallag@foc.com

    "Kalyan" wrote:
    >Count me in

  4. Re: Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    Has anyone come up with a "clearing house" for customer-written agents? I've
    got one written for SUN's SNDR (Network Data Replicator), but now I need
    to come up with one for EMC's SRDF.

    Phill Coppock
    Internet Engineering
    Hartford Life

    "Greg Gallagher" wrote:

    >Me too. At my company we've developed a better, more intelligent
    >Process agent in Perl and are planning on GPL'ing the code and
    >releasing to Freshmeat. I'd almost be willing to put up a site
    >for agents at my website, http://www.ragetech.com; Anyone suggest any
    >software for posting this type of thing, perhaps a' la sourceforge
    >or freshmeat? Perhaps just that.
    >
    >Greg Gallagher
    >UNIX Administrator
    >ggallag@foc.com
    >
    >"Kalyan" wrote:
    >>Count me in

  5. Re: Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    Why not set up a 'project' on sourceforge? ... I think that GPL'ed
    addons
    to commercial product could still be within the mission of
    sourcforge!
    .... Jack

    Greg Gallagher wrote:

    > Me too. At my company we've developed a better, more intelligent
    > Process agent in Perl and are planning on GPL'ing the code and
    > releasing to Freshmeat. I'd almost be willing to put up a site
    > for agents at my website, http://www.ragetech.com; Anyone suggest any
    > software for posting this type of thing, perhaps a' la sourceforge
    > or freshmeat? Perhaps just that.
    >
    > Greg Gallagher
    > UNIX Administrator
    > ggallag@foc.com
    >
    > "Kalyan" wrote:
    > >Count me in

  6. Re: Is there "freeware" VCS agents somewhere?

    Has anybody done this yet ?

    Ed Quillen wrote:

    > I have written a couple of simple ones but don't want to
    > reinvent the wheel, is there an archive somewhere?
    >
    > If I set one up, would everyone be willing to contribute?
    >
    > Ed

+ Reply to Thread