VCS Process Agent - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS Process Agent - Veritas Cluster Server ; In version 1.1.2 of VCS -- What would keep a app (Apache) from coming online? Process Apache ( PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/apachectl" Arguments = "start" ) There! Some has used this now!...

  1. VCS Process Agent

    In version 1.1.2 of VCS -- What would keep a app (Apache) from
    coming online?
    Process Apache (
    PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/apachectl"
    Arguments = "start"
    )

    There! Some has used this now!

  2. Re: VCS Process Agent

    Greg:
    The "Process Agent" can only be used when the name of start
    command of apache is as just same as a status of "ps command"
    print.

    I suggest that you may work Process Agent using following entry.
    But I think the best way to solve this problem is to create new
    apache agent.

    --
    Process Apache (
    PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/httpd"

    Wataru Sato -Nippon Steel Corp, JAPAN

    "Greg (shoe) Schuweiler" wrote:

    >In version 1.1.2 of VCS -- What would keep a app (Apache) from
    >coming online?
    > Process Apache (
    > PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/apachectl"
    > Arguments = "start"
    > )
    >
    >There! Some has used this now!

  3. more ?'s Re: VCS Process Agent

    Hello VCS gurus,

    My question is along the same vein, in that I am confused
    as to how to VCS is to start and monitor all of my
    Application Services normally started in /etc/rc2.d????

    I take it that now I have to make what I would normally start
    in /etc/rc2.d, I have to make them all process agents, under
    VCS control, so that they will failover to my backup server.

    The info that Mr. Sato provided helped my out greatly.
    I am interested in how others have configured their
    process agents to handle what normally goes in the
    /etc/rc2.d for application services. Some of the scripts
    in my /etc/rc2.d are fairly lengthy and I am really interested
    in how others integrated theirs into VCS, since you just
    can't use start as an argument.

    Also, if anyone has started the share directory for
    process agents, please point me their and I'll post what
    I have created thus far.

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    "Wataru Sato" wrote:

    >Greg:
    >The "Process Agent" can only be used when the name of start
    >command of apache is as just same as a status of "ps command"
    >print.
    >
    >I suggest that you may work Process Agent using following entry.
    >But I think the best way to solve this problem is to create new
    >apache agent.
    >
    >--
    >Process Apache (
    > PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/httpd"
    > Arguments = "-f /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf"
    > )
    >--
    >
    >Wataru Sato -Nippon Steel Corp, JAPAN
    >
    >"Greg (shoe) Schuweiler" wrote:
    >>
    >>In version 1.1.2 of VCS -- What would keep a app (Apache) from
    >>coming online?
    >> Process Apache (
    >> PatheName = "/opt/apache/bin/apachectl"
    >> Arguments = "start"