Unable to select Remote server folders - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to select Remote server folders - Veritas Backup Exec ; Chong wrote: > I am unable to select any of my remote servers that I want to backup. When > I put select the server, I saw this message: > > Selection of this item is disabled. You are not ...

  1. Re: Unable to select Remote server folders

    Chong wrote:
    > I am unable to select any of my remote servers that I want to backup. When
    > I put select the server, I saw this message:
    >
    > Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this
    > item,a license key for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers is
    > not installed on the machine, or the remote agent is old or incompatible.
    >
    > I did try to install the remote agent onto the remote computer from the RANT32
    > folder. I'm not sure why I still can't select.
    >
    > Any help is grateful!
    >
    > Chong

    Have you purchased and installed the keys for your Remote Agent licenses
    on the media Server?

    Does Help/About from the GUI show the RA licenses as installed?

  2. Unable to select Remote server folders

    I am unable to select any of my remote servers that I want to backup. When
    I put select the server, I saw this message:

    Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this
    item,a license key for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers is
    not installed on the machine, or the remote agent is old or incompatible.

    I did try to install the remote agent onto the remote computer from the RANT32
    folder. I'm not sure why I still can't select.

    Any help is grateful!

    Chong

  3. Re: Unable to select Remote server folders

    Chong wrote:
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    >
    >>Chong wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am unable to select any of my remote servers that I want to backup.

    > When
    >
    >>>I put select the server, I saw this message:
    >>>
    >>>Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this
    >>>item,a license key for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

    > is
    >
    >>>not installed on the machine, or the remote agent is old or incompatible.
    >>>
    >>>I did try to install the remote agent onto the remote computer from the

    > RANT32
    >
    >>>folder. I'm not sure why I still can't select.
    >>>
    >>>Any help is grateful!
    >>>
    >>>Chong

    >>Have you purchased and installed the keys for your Remote Agent licenses

    >>on the media Server?
    >>
    >>Does Help/About from the GUI show the RA licenses as installed?

    > Many thanks for your response. What Agent license are you reffering to? I
    > have a license key to install the software from the media. My understanding
    > is that the agent are needed for MS Exchange server, SQL server, Oracle and
    > so on but not for backup remote servers. Am I wrong or what? When I click
    > on Help/About and click on the License Information, I did see the option
    > Backup Exec for Windows Servers have a Yes on License and Insalled. Am I
    > suppose to have more than just this installed?
    >
    > Again, thanks!
    >
    > Chong

    Veritas has ALWAYS required a purchased license to backup remote Server
    OS machines. At one time Workstation OSs alwo required the agnet, but
    you did not have to pay for it.

    As you have discovered, you can install the RA32 anywhere, but unless
    you purchase a serial, BEWS will not connect to it.

  4. Re: Unable to select Remote server folders

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Chong wrote:
    >> I am unable to select any of my remote servers that I want to backup.

    When
    >> I put select the server, I saw this message:
    >>
    >> Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this
    >> item,a license key for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

    is
    >> not installed on the machine, or the remote agent is old or incompatible.
    >>
    >> I did try to install the remote agent onto the remote computer from the

    RANT32
    >> folder. I'm not sure why I still can't select.
    >>
    >> Any help is grateful!
    >>
    >> Chong

    >Have you purchased and installed the keys for your Remote Agent licenses

    >on the media Server?
    >
    >Does Help/About from the GUI show the RA licenses as installed?

    Many thanks for your response. What Agent license are you reffering to? I
    have a license key to install the software from the media. My understanding
    is that the agent are needed for MS Exchange server, SQL server, Oracle and
    so on but not for backup remote servers. Am I wrong or what? When I click
    on Help/About and click on the License Information, I did see the option
    Backup Exec for Windows Servers have a Yes on License and Insalled. Am I
    suppose to have more than just this installed?

    Again, thanks!

    Chong

  5. Re: Unable to select Remote server folders

    Chong wrote:
    >>Veritas has ALWAYS required a purchased license to backup remote Server
    >>OS machines. At one time Workstation OSs alwo required the agnet, but
    >>you did not have to pay for it.
    >>
    >>As you have discovered, you can install the RA32 anywhere, but unless
    >>you purchase a serial, BEWS will not connect to it.

    > So what you are saying is that without the serial for the RA32, BEWS can
    > only update the server that it is installed and network workstations, correct?
    >
    > By the way, I had installed RA32 and then uninstall it...now I want to re-install
    > but it's not installing again. What's the problem?
    >
    > Chong

    Correct

    As far as re-intalling, have you booted the server after uninstalling RA32?

  6. Re: Unable to select Remote server folders

    >Veritas has ALWAYS required a purchased license to backup remote Server
    >OS machines. At one time Workstation OSs alwo required the agnet, but
    >you did not have to pay for it.
    >
    >As you have discovered, you can install the RA32 anywhere, but unless
    >you purchase a serial, BEWS will not connect to it.

    So what you are saying is that without the serial for the RA32, BEWS can
    only update the server that it is installed and network workstations, correct?

    By the way, I had installed RA32 and then uninstall it...now I want to re-install
    but it's not installing again. What's the problem?

    Chong

+ Reply to Thread