Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the very beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all Tapes (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error. Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new ...

  1. Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1

    Hi,
    we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the very
    beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all Tapes
    (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.

    Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over
    several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation
    from German)

    It ends with "No success".
    Does anyone know about this message?
    In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.
    deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few
    turns.
    We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without success.
    It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all
    BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same
    Error-Message. OT?

    Thanx 4 all new ideas.

    René

  2. Re: Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1

    Rene wrote:
    > Hi,
    > we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the very
    > beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all Tapes
    > (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.
    >
    > Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over
    > several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation
    > from German)
    >
    > It ends with "No success".
    > Does anyone know about this message?
    > In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.
    > deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few
    > turns.
    > We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without success.
    > It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all
    > BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same
    > Error-Message. OT?
    >
    > Thanx 4 all new ideas.
    >
    > René

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

  3. Re: Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1

    Hi Ken. Thanx 4 u'r reply. But ... isn't that only deleting the symptoms.
    IMHO it doesn't describe why it happens with a lot of our tapes.

    René

    "Ken Putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Rene wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the

    very
    > > beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all

    Tapes
    > > (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.
    > >
    > > Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over
    > > several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation
    > > from German)
    > >
    > > It ends with "No success".
    > > Does anyone know about this message?
    > > In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.
    > > deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few
    > > turns.
    > > We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without

    success.
    > > It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all
    > > BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same
    > > Error-Message. OT?
    > >
    > > Thanx 4 all new ideas.
    > >
    > > René
    > >

    > See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

  4. Re: Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1

    Rene wrote:
    > Hi Ken. Thanx 4 u'r reply. But ... isn't that only deleting the symptoms.
    > IMHO it doesn't describe why it happens with a lot of our tapes.
    >
    > René
    >

    > "Ken Putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>Rene wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the

    > very
    >
    >>>beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all

    > Tapes
    >
    >>>(differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.
    >>>
    >>>Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over
    >>>several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation
    >>>from German)
    >>>
    >>>It ends with "No success".
    >>>Does anyone know about this message?
    >>>In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.
    >>>deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few
    >>>turns.
    >>>We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without

    > success.
    >
    >>>It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all
    >>>BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same
    >>>Error-Message. OT?
    >>>
    >>>Thanx 4 all new ideas.
    >>>
    >>>René
    >>>

    >>See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

    Yeah, but veritas apparently doesn't have much of a handle on this. I
    ahd problems like this with one of my v7.0 media servers and never
    really got an answer then either

+ Reply to Thread