9.1 Repeated: The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 9.1 Repeated: The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi At least every other day we are repeatedly receiving the verification error: The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent. In the past I have only found that this is ...

  1. 9.1 Repeated: The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

    Hi

    At least every other day we are repeatedly receiving the verification error:
    The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media
    is inconsistent.

    In the past I have only found that this is the case if the backup is run
    during working hours. Now it seems to be happening much more regularly.

    The backup is of our MS SBS 2003 and contains: Files, Profiles, Exchange,
    SQL but this backup is not backing up any of the system drives/files.

    Any advice would be much appreciated

    Thanks Ben

  2. Re: 9.1 Repeated: The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

    "Ben" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >At least every other day we are repeatedly receiving the verification error:
    >The jo b failed with the following error: The data being read from the media

    >is inconsistent.
    >
    >In the past I have only found that this is the case if the backup is run

    >during working hours. Now it seems to be happening much more regularly.
    >
    >The backup is of our MS SBS 2003 and contains: Files, Profiles, Exchange,

    >SQL but this backup is not backing up any of the system drives/files.
    >
    >Any advice would be much appreciated
    >
    >Thanks Ben

    this is generally linked to bad media or the drive needs cleaned. I would
    clean the drive, restart both of them. turn the tape drive off then the computer.
    turn the tape drive on then the computer. after it comes up normal put brand
    new tapes in.

+ Reply to Thread