Catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time? I recently cataloged a tape and it took as long as the ...

  1. Catalogs

    Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media
    server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time? I recently
    cataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup.

  2. Re: Catalogs

    Joe wrote:
    > Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media
    > server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time? I recently
    > cataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup.

    Stop the BEWS services on both the old and new computer
    Copy the *.U01 files to the new server
    Delete BETOPCAT.IDX in the catalogs directory on the new server
    Restart BEWS services

  3. Re: Catalogs

    Ken,

    It worked. It took about 10 minutes before the services would start due to
    the amount of catalogs I have (4.6GB).
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Joe wrote:
    >> Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media
    >> server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time?

    I recently
    >> cataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup.

    >Stop the BEWS services on both the old and new computer
    >Copy the *.U01 files to the new server
    >Delete BETOPCAT.IDX in the catalogs directory on the new server
    >Restart BEWS services

+ Reply to Thread